Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW Tool Library

266 REPLIES 266
SOLVED
Message 1 of 267
veso58S5W
146586 Views, 266 Replies

NEW Tool Library

😫that's first impression.
What was the reason to change?
Why mess up good things?
How you organize tools? If I want list to be by #. Or by diameters?
Renumber Tool, now I must go through several operations.

266 REPLIES 266
Message 101 of 267
TurtleRacing
in reply to: veso58S5W

I agree with OP, this new deal sucks! Why are you wasting time on the tool library? Are you just bored? There's nothing wrong with tool library and I really wish you guys would quit changing stuff  just to change it! You still can't do something as simple as print a tool list! How about work on that? Why don't you make it so the system automatically uses all fonts instead of having to view text commands, type in a command. It's a program like any other program, how bout adding that in?   There are so many useful changes you could work on, things that matter, instead you're just going to make it so we have to learn a new way when we are used to and efficient with the old way! 

Message 102 of 267

Hey, I'm having graphical issues with the new library. Is this something i can fix on my end or is it a bug?

Problem is shown in my screencast recording.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast/780f210e-940a-4465-87f6-2a9185b6ee51

Thanks!

780f210e-940a-4465-87f6-2a9185b6ee51,640,590

Message 103 of 267
seth.madore
in reply to: abcncfab

This is a known (and random) issue affecting some users. At this point, it's advised to turn off the New Tool Library Preview while we untangle whatever is causing this issue.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 104 of 267

Hi @abcncfab ,

Thank you for providing us with a screencast of the problem, we're actively investigating this at the moment.

To help try and determine the cause of this problem, could you follow this guide to get Fusion's graphics diagnostics for your machine and either post it as a reply or private message it to me?

Many thanks,

Nathaniel

Nathaniel Avery
Software Engineer, Fusion 360
Message 105 of 267

No problem @nathaniel.avery86R8N 

[GPU Information]
GPU Device: Radeon Pro 560
GPU RAM: 4096 MB
GPU Driver API: DirectX 11.0
GPU Driver Version: 26.20.13001.33012
GPU Driver Date: 01/17/2020

[Graphics Effects Settings]
Anti Aliasing: Off
Ambient Occlusion: On
Object Shadow: Off
Ground Shadow: On
Ground Reflection: Off
Selection Display Style: Normal
Transparency Effect: Better Performance

[Limit effects to optimize performance]
Off

Message 106 of 267
Captain-DJ

I got an error if i use comma instead of point.

Please allow comma like any other settings in Fusion.

And reduce the Numbers, i think no one need a Number like this: 0.029999983465307734 mm

And add a way to lock to the second speed field.

So if i edit the first speed, the second will set also.

Library3.jpg

Message 107 of 267
Mattxer
in reply to: Captain-DJ

Im also having the graphical glitch. It was working fine for weeks before the latest April update. I hope there's a workaround/fix asap. My library is completely setup use presets for speeds and feeds, having to use the old library is really going to set me back.

cap.PNG

Matt Smith
Software Engineer - MSmithDev - https://msmithdev.com/
CAD/CAM/CNC - Micro Insert Inc. - https://microinsertinc.com/
Message 108 of 267
MatthewPBryant
in reply to: Mattxer

Thanks for the feedback @Captain-DJ. We are aware of the issue with not being able to use commas and hope to look into it soon. Thanks for raising the issue with locking ramp spindle speed to spindle speed. That's a good suggestion - I've brought it up with the team and we'll raise a task for it.

@Mattxer - sorry you're experiencing issues with the graphics in the new tool library. We have a fix and are working to get it out to customers in an update as soon as possible!

Matt Bryant
Sr. Software Engineer
Message 109 of 267
Captain-DJ
in reply to: MatthewPBryant

Update 2.0.8176

Why you delete the lock icons ?

I don´t know this new Fx ist better or not.

Ok, here some things:

If i move the colums, next time it will be the same like before.

The right Info windows is not very useful. It displayed the same parts like in the middle of the screen. (yellow marked)

Speed an feed are not available in the middle screen like before ? Why ?

Sp please add feed and speed for the main window again.

If i want to see this, i must scroll in the Info section.

Ok is see that no settings like add columns for cooling will be saved if i close the tool window.

Tool.jpg

Message 110 of 267

The  new update has fixed my graphical issues.

Message 111 of 267
ifuASTJY

Please enlarge this section in the future with some bigger square button style like the old library, we want to filter the tools more easily and faster.

Thanks

newtoollibraryfusion.JPG 

Message 112 of 267
ARTHUR-HM

I like where the new library is headed. Here are my two cents on some things that frustrated me the first few days using the preview.

1) The columns order and setup do not save. A lot of the description is cut off, so I'll resize that so I can see the whole thing, add and remove some of the columns that I like to see there, as well as reorder them how I like them. When I close the tool library and open it back up, all that work is gone. That is probably the most frustrating thing so far with the new tool library.

2) The option to right click inside the tool library for the active document to delete unused tools is gone. I used that all the time. Not the a deal breaker, but took away functionality that saved time and made life easier. 

3) For the holder tab, the window showing your list of holders is too small. Even with the ability to scroll the list to the right with the bar at the bottom, the names are being cut off. There is no visual queue of what they are so it makes selecting the right one very difficult. For example, I have many different 1/2" hard holders at different lengths. I cannot tell right now which is which easily. Clicking on one of them does nothing. I have to double click to apply that holder to the tool, or hit the select holder button. Flipping through them that way takes a lot of extra clicks and wastes time. Making that description window larger would help a lot. 

I had a few other things but it looks like the last updated solved those. I'm liking the look in this latest update a lot more. Hitting tab between the fields and having it select all the text is great. I missed that.

Keep up the good work, really liking where it's going. 

Message 113 of 267
silopolis
in reply to: cj.abraham

Hi,

With slowlyness issues becoming things of the past and improvements in each pre-release, this library starts to be really enjoyable.

For future devs, may I ask:

* to add parameters name to all fields tooltips

* mimic right click menu content on parameter fields with the one in CAM toolpaths panels (copy parameter name, make default, ...)

* not sure if the "fx" mark is more intuitive than the lock which was more explicit

* make ramp spindle speed = spindle speed by default

* enable formulas in parameter fields

* add a comment field to cutting data presets

* allow to copy cutting data preset(s) from one tool to another

* restore buttons with icons for tool category filters

* cancel tool edit pressing ESC

Thanks for the great work

Message 114 of 267

@ARTHUR-HMThere's a little "Broom" icon in the top left that will remove unused tools. I agree, I'd love to see it back in the right click menu. Likewise, I really like where things are going and I'm now using this library full time. If we can save column customizations I'd be thrilled.

I would also tend to agree with everything @silopolis said.

Another feature I'd like to see is an "undo" button....I accidentally renumbered all of my tools instead of just one the other day, and it throws an error if I try to renumber starting at 0 with an increment of 0 (which was my method of fixing this in the past so tools that weren't in a machine didn't have a number/were T0)

Message 115 of 267
Anonymous

Couple of suggestions for the tool library:

-Lockout linked values until the field is enabled manually. This would include tab skipping over the locked field to the next unlocked one.

-Ability to re-link fields to their default calculation.

-Setting individual defaults for fields would be nice. Examples would be cutter material, flute count, and coolant preference. When working with a common set of tools, having these input already would save time and reduce the likelihood for errors.

Message 116 of 267
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

+1 on being able to save the column layout..

This should be at the top of the team's list to implement to help user interaction. I use the new library and like what has been done so far and look forward to further improvements.

Message 117 of 267
MatthewPBryant
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks all for taking the time to provide feedback on the latest update! Good to hear that some of you are starting to use the new tool library full time now 😀

We're still working hard on all the improvements you've been asking for and trying to get things out to you as quickly as possible. There are some great suggestions above, thanks for posting them, we'll make sure we consider them all as a team and see what we can do!

Lots of you have mentioned remembering column preferences as the biggest issue. We're aware that's a real pain point and the team are working on making sure they are remembered as we speak.

Many of the things you've mentioned are already on our mind and we're planning work on them soon:

• Tweaks to the holder tab to make it easier to use as mentioned by @ARTHUR-HM 
  • Ramp spindle speed = Spindle speed by default
  • Functionality like that in the right-click menu for operation parameters (e.g. copy parameter name, make default)

Some of the things mentioned do already work but in a slightly different way to the old library:

• As @nick_p3dcreations mentioned you can remove unused tools using the broom icon above the library tree on the left-hand side, or by right-clicking the document library you want to remove the unused tools from.
  • You can enter expressions into parameter fields. Unlike for operation parameters, you don't need to right-click -> "Edit expression" to do this. You can just enter the expression directly into the input box, as shown in the attached gif.

Matt Bryant
Sr. Software Engineer
Message 118 of 267
Mattxer

Any word on when the graphics issue will be fixed? It seems like the font is just white, i can highlight the text in the textboxes see the values but i cant highlight the labels.

cap.PNGcap2.PNG

Matt Smith
Message 119 of 267
MatthewPBryant
in reply to: Mattxer

Hi @Mattxer , 

We were expecting that issue to have been fixed in the latest hotfix, could you check Fusion has updated and let me know if its still an issue after that, please? To check the version of Fusion you're using, select the '?' in the top right corner of Fusion and then press 'About'. You should be on version 2.0.8176.

You can follow the instructions here to check Fusion is up to date: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-d...

Thanks

Matt Bryant
Sr. Software Engineer
Message 120 of 267
Mattxer

@MatthewPBryant ,

I had to restart Fusion to get it to start the update. It's working fine for me now. Thanks!

Matt Smith

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report