Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAM Simulation too dark.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
HughesTooling
463 Views, 6 Replies

CAM Simulation too dark.

The CAM workspace needs an option to rotate the part only not the part and environment.

Take a look at this. Because I'm machining the bottom it's all in the shadow, really need to be able to have a fixed environment and rotate only the part. Not sure which ideastation to put this in, both seem a waste of time for Fusion.

test.png

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

YES!!!!!!!!!

I asked about this years ago, never heard back. It's the only reason I use Infinity Pool environment, it helps mitigate this a great deal

-EDIT-

Found the thread, back in 2015!

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-ideastation/simplified-lighting-shading-in-cam-mode/idi-p/...

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.
Message 3 of 7

@LibertyMachine Yes the lighter environments help but I can't work with them all day long. Been meaning to mention it for ages as well, shame your request got archived. Shows the ideastations are a bit of a waste of time for Fusion CAM as I'm sure anyone that uses Fusion for long would vote for improving this.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
jeff.pek
in reply to: HughesTooling

Hi guys -

I'd like to make sure I'm understanding what you'd like to see here. It seems, offhand, like some of the Environment effects, including things like Ground Shadow, Object Shadow, and Ambient Occlusion can help to improve the visibility of the model without using a different environment.

Are you looking for CAM -- or even just simulation? -- to have its own set of settings here so that you could use different ones in CAM vs. modeling?

Thanks,

Jeff

Message 5 of 7

I'm not fond of the Fusion IdeaStation. Sounds like a great idea on the surface. Problem is there are too many people contributing to it and it's quick to drown out good ideas. You'd have a full time job on your hand keeping things organized. 

And yeah, lighter environments are hard on the eyes. Lesser of two evils in my case.

Seth Madore
Message 6 of 7
LibertyMachine
in reply to: jeff.pek

@jeff.pek I can only speak for myself, but I'd like to see fixed lighting where the part rotates around it. If you watch my screencast linked in the IdeaStation post as well as the photos of the parts, you will see how the part is displayed differently depending on what edge you are looking at.

Turning off all the effects DOES help, but it has little impact on the Simulation visuals

Seth Madore
Message 7 of 7

I've just added an idea to the ideastation for all workspaces here. As I say in the request a fixed environment is more natural as you don't tend to turn the world upside down to look at the bottom of a part in the real world. The request would help in the render workspace as well. While modeling I turn off all effects so don't see any real difference when I turn a part over, just a problem for me with CAM and Render.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report