Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simplified Lighting/Shading in CAM mode

Simplified Lighting/Shading in CAM mode

The shading/lighting setup that Fusion uses for modeling is really nice to look at. However, in CAM, it is more of a hindrance than anything. One cannot click on an edge with certainty when the lighting starts working against you. I find that this is often more of an aggravation and perhaps should be granted an option to "turn off" or modify how it performs. 

Attached are 2 screen shots of the same part as I was working on it.

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

This problem persists even when running the CAM Simulation, so yeah, maybe we could get some improvement?

9 Comments
StephenWolf
Alumni

Seth,

Thanks for posting this in the forums and here on IdeaStation. I'm checking with the CAM team to see what the source of the issue might be and will get back to you when I hear from them. 

Good call-out.

Stephen

Anonymous
Not applicable

A simple solution would be to remove point lighting and really bump up ambient lighting. (Assuming my terminology is right.)

jeff.walters
Advisor

Colors and lighting are very personal things. I have worked with people that are totally color blind, to him everything is done in gray scales. I think we need a way to turn off all of the “special” visual functions.

brianrepp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Gathering Support

al.whatmough
Alumni

Can you record a video showing the request.

It seems like you would have the same stuggles adding features like a fillet in the modeling envoinrment.

Maybe I am missing something.

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: 実装済み

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I solved this last time by turning off ground shadow.

As lukepighetti mentioned, turning off pretty much all the effects (Ground Plane, Object Shadow) greatly reduces the effects as described in my first post. However, this does nothing when it comes to simulation, in fact, it's almost impossible to see what is going on in some instances. I've attached a screencast.

http://autode.sk/1NbmoAW

al.whatmough
Alumni
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report