Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which bugs were fixed in the sketch engine solver?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
cekuhnen
424 Views, 6 Replies

which bugs were fixed in the sketch engine solver?

I just gave the new sketch engine a test drive and the solver still kinda flips out:

pay attention to the images below: I am only moving the point with the handles visible, the other curve that is not connected gets distorded, you hardly can move the point because it swims (move problem).

1.PNG

2.PNG

I started the sketch this way I have moved the mid poitns together and later deleted the coincident constraint.

afte that moving the mid points (they are then end and start point of two splines) is going to be crazy

3.PNG

this is like the often reported issues where the solver gets a little crancy and your sketch gets a live on its own.

I thought with this update this was fixed. wasnt it? Maybe I misread the logs.

By the way to fix this jello like move behavior I have to deactivate the smooth and tangent handle and then I can move the end points normal again.

Claas Kuhnen

Faculty Industrial Design – Wayne State Universit

Chair Interior Design – Wayne State University

Owner studioKuhnen – product : interface : design

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
promm
in reply to: cekuhnen

Claas,

As we continue to improve our sketch solver each release the focus is on issues that affect customer workflows.  Can you provide a link to the logs you are referring to?

Cheers,

Mike Prom

Message 3 of 7
cekuhnen

I think I mainly refer here to those move bugs which in this case are caused by the handles active. It was said that the sketch engine solver will get a major update but I am not seeing a difference here.

So I am not sure if this will be in a later update.

Claas Kuhnen

Message 4 of 7
schneik-adsk

Your issue is one we will need to look at tomorrow. It is very specific to having curvature handles active.

Aside from this, you should see much more reliable constraint and sketch behavior.

Kevin Schneider
Message 5 of 7
cekuhnen
in reply to: schneik-adsk

do you have some specific examples?

I know some of those test examples comparing SW and Fusion. It mainly is pretty reliable. Just here and there still like in this example moving points is messed up because of hidden constraints or so.

Claas Kuhnen

Message 6 of 7
schneik-adsk

Specifically we targeted errors which were incorrect reporting of over constrained geometry.
Kevin Schneider
Message 7 of 7
cekuhnen
in reply to: schneik-adsk

I see - this type of info is really hard to extract from the release blogs. Honestly I lost overview what is being worked on 😉

Claas Kuhnen

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report