Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning a design into a blueprint

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
38209 Views, 6 Replies

Turning a design into a blueprint

Hello everyone so I have a question I desgin alot of stuff right now just for fun as I am waiting for my cnc machine and 3d printer to come in but I am running into a problem I cant seem to figure out how to turn my desgin into a blue print for making simple objects by hand

For example this is what I am after  just simple desgin blueprints that I can follow by handSpeedster_blueprint_large.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
bespenship
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi there.

We can create drawings in Fusion from your design.  If you have a design open in Fusion, click on the main menu dropdown (peice of paper with a down arrow next to it) and select create drawing from design.  Once you have your drawing open, it looks like you will want to start by placking a base view, and then some projected views.  Give it a shot and tell us what you think.  We've been actively developing our drawing capability, and we'd love to hear your feedback, and there is a good chance any capability or enhancement you are looking for is on our development roadmap.  If you need any more help or guidance to help get you going, please feel free to contact me at brent.espenship@autodesk.com .

Create Drawing From Design.png

Brent Espenship
Fusion 360 Quality
Macbook Pro retina - MacOS X 10.11.5 (main)
WIndows 7 Notebook
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: bespenship

Small Pencil holder web.jpgThank you that is exactly what I wanted to do!!!!!

It seems to me and this might be just because I have been using Fusion 360 for all of 3 days and I dont know how it all works, but that being said it seems that the user interface is quite complicated in something as simple as making drawings. It really acts like when you trying to model something but all we are doing here is just creating a drawing

But I dont have anything really to offer as I am new and I am sure I will be able to do it faster this drawing that I did took about 15 min to complete which for my first Time I guess its not bad

One thing I did notice is that like my center image I could not use the deminsion tool to get the diameter of the 3 circles on the top for some reason when I would go to select it nothing happened I could only do it on the other views I am guess that it has something to do with the particular view that I was in 

Again thanks for your help and quick response

Message 4 of 7
bespenship

Thanks for the feedback.

I also got your direct email and I'll answer both here for the benefit of anyone else who is curious.

For the first question, dimensioning the three holes in the middle view, we don't currently support dimensioning to isometric views.  It is on our radar and you can expect it in a future release, but we're not there yet.  Chris Miller, from our drawing team pointed me to this thread which addresses a similar question: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/design-and-documentation/drawing-aligned-dimension-annotations-for-is... .

For your email question,

"I had 1 other quest really quick I am looking for a way to create a cut sheet from my model

Per example:

If i model a box in fusion I can now create the Blue print to go along with it but if I wanted to minimize the amount of material used out of say a 4'x8' sheet of wood is there a way to generate a cut sheet specific to that material

This would show me how to make my cuts and the amount of material that I need."

The short answer is we can't do that yet - optimizing your sheet layout would need to be manual.  This is a little further out, but we have a lot of requests for sheetmetal functionality: layout, bend calculation, corner relief, layout optimization, drawing support, and so on.  This is on our roadmap, but it is further out at the moment, and I wouldn't realistically expect what your askeing before mid to late next year at the earliest.

Brent Espenship
Fusion 360 Quality
Macbook Pro retina - MacOS X 10.11.5 (main)
WIndows 7 Notebook
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: bespenship

I don’t have that option in my drop down. Is that in an older version? Has it been moved?

Message 6 of 7
TheCADWhisperer

@Anonymous wrote:

I don’t have that option in my drop down. Is that in an older version? Has it been moved?

Fusion changes every 6-8 weeks.

Drawings.png

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

thank you!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report