Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Randomise the wood texture on a wood siding

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
paysagine
243 Views, 5 Replies

Randomise the wood texture on a wood siding

Hi, 

When I want to apply a wood texture on lots of objects like wood siding. The same wood grain and notche are applied and repeated. I would like to know how randomise the wood texture if it's possible.

Thanks.

Alex

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TrippyLighting
in reply to: paysagine

Manually on each face/body/component (whatever you have applied the texture to) using the texture map control.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6

@TrippyLighting - I had no idea this would work even for solid wood appearances, but it does.  Now, I have a LOT of work to do to update my log cabin model so that it looks better, less repetitive.  Thanks!!!  Proves that you can always learn something!

Screen Shot 2022-10-07 at 5.20.53 PM.png

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 4 of 6
paysagine
in reply to: TrippyLighting

Thanks but when you have more than 200 objects the solution take lot of
time.
For few object it's the solution
Message 5 of 6
TrippyLighting

With the normal tools available through the UI, that’s what you got!

Unless you are familiar with Python and can use the Fusion 360 API. That might be the only other solution reduce the amount of work.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
paysagine

Hello

I tried but with the same components, texture was not dissociate. All texture map control move in the same direction for all components. Sorry

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report