Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to recalculate a model

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
gillesht
916 Views, 9 Replies

How to recalculate a model

Hi,

I made a change to my skecth, how do I get the model to be recalculated?

Best regards.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
mango.freund
in reply to: gillesht

if you have your history "timeline" turned on, move the cursor to the beginning and start like a movie. watch out for all yellow sketches and red warnings. BR mango
Message 3 of 10
jhackney1972

Normally the update will happen automatically after you leave the sketch.  You can force an update by selecting this indicated command.

Recalculate.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 4 of 10
gillesht
in reply to: mango.freund

Hi,
I ran construction timeline but Im trying to measure the new diameter of the base of the lamp shade without success. So I’m not sure of the result. The diameter should be 133 mm. I’m sending you my model. If you could confirm that the recalculate was done, it would be greatly appréciâted.
Best regards.
Message 5 of 10
jhackney1972

If you attached your model to your Forum post, it did not make it.  You cannot attach files using email, they must be attached using the Forum Attachment section.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 6 of 10
gillesht
in reply to: jhackney1972

Hi,

Attach is the model.

Best regards.

Message 7 of 10
jhackney1972

Yes, your model has been updated.  It is hard to measure the cone large diameter due to the applied fillet.  Simply suppress it and then measure.  

By the way, I question all the moves in your model.  You need to model around the origin and join components together using Joints.  

Edit: I cleaned up your model, it is attached.

John Hackney
Retired

Message 8 of 10
gillesht

Hi,
I measure the large diameter and I get 130 mm. I’ve modified the sketch to have 133 mm. I don’t understand how the model was updated.
Best regards.
Message 9 of 10
jhackney1972

You obviously have not watched my supplied Screencast.  In the Screencast I suppress the edge fillet and show that your large OD is 133mm.  The Fillet rounds the edge and makes the OD smaller.

John Hackney
Retired

Message 10 of 10
gillesht

Hi,

My mystake. I didn't go back to the forum to view your entire reply. In my next model I'll avoid all the moves and stick to the origin. I'm a beginner with Fusion 360.

Many thanks and best regards.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report