Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy and paste a sketch

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
951 Views, 5 Replies

How to copy and paste a sketch

Still very green with F360 and I'm attempting to model a linear bearing. I'm having problems using the push/pull technique on 2 ends of a model. Maybe I need to be thinking about mirroring the model instead?

I have half the model correct but am uncertain of the technique needed to copy/move the sketch to the opposite end for the push/pull technique hopefully I'm explaining that correctly. The image should help with my problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Adam,

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jeff_strater
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous,

A few comments to your questions:

1. yes, you can always mirror the body if that is your intention
  2. you should be able to press/pull (or extrude) on the top end of your face, even without a sketch there - just select the face
  3. if you do ever want to copy a sketch (should not be needed in this case, though), the process is a bit complex.  You have to open the source sketch, select all the geometry, choose Copy.  Then, exit that sketch, and create a new empty sketch on the plane you want for the new sketch, then you can Paste the sketch geometry into the new, empty sketch.

If you want to share your model, I can show you how this will all work.

Jeff

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: jeff_strater

Thanks for the quick reply Jeff.

I think this link will work.. still learning.

The press/pull will work on the face but only for the entire body unless I'm missing something which I'm sure is the case.

Adam,

Message 4 of 6
jeff_strater

Thanks for the model link.  Below is a screencast showing a couple of ways to do what I think you want to do.  I apologize - my comments about press/pull were inaccurate for your model, assuming what you want to do is to copy the last extrude to the other side.  The screencast shows a couple of techniques, depending on what you want to do - mirror the whole existing body, or just the last cut feature.  One of these should work for you:

Jeff

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: jeff_strater

Extremely helpful.

I successfully mirrored the bearing originally as a solution but was intrigued by the copy sketch concept.

Many thanks for the assistance.

Adam,

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

I was unaware that I could extrude the sketch without having to move the sketch first...

You video was perfect!

Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report