Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting stuck with simple holes

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Latheboy
395 Views, 10 Replies

Getting stuck with simple holes

I can't seem to create 8 simple 1" diameter holes in the attached tube.  I can create one at time, but when I try to do multiple, I get "no target body found to intersect"  I tried to copy the one hole and paste it multiple times, but can't do that either.  Please advise.  Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
laughingcreek
in reply to: Latheboy

you might just try patterning it. see attached

Message 3 of 11
Christoph_360

Hello

@Latheboy  wrote:

I can't seem to create 8 simple 1" diameter holes in the attached tube.  I can create one at time, but when I try to do multiple, I get "no target body found to intersect"  I tried to copy the one hole and paste it multiple times, but can't do that either.  Please advise.  Thanks

Does this video help?

Mfg

Christoph

Message 4 of 11
Latheboy
in reply to: Christoph_360

Thank you for the video.  Can I trouble you to show how you did the starting hole?  I am still having trouble with "no target body.  Was it a point, then a hole extruded from there?  Thanks,

Message 5 of 11
laughingcreek

@Latheboy wrote:

... I am still having trouble with "no target body. ...

a lot of times you jut have to flip the direction-

laughingcreek_0-1721665763255.png

Message 6 of 11
jhackney1972

You went to all the trouble to layout your hole centers, why not use them.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 7 of 11
Latheboy
in reply to: jhackney1972

I followed along and can't figure out why when I select "to", and try to select the inside of the tube, I still get the same no target body message unless I select the outside of the tube.  If I select distance, I can create the holes. 

Message 8 of 11
jhackney1972

Go back and look at the video a little closer.  After I made the Tangent Sketch, I projected the points, in the center of the tube, yours, onto the new tangent plane.  These projected point are the ones I used for the Hole placements.  In your model you are using the points in the center of the tube.

Tangent Plane Points.jpg

Center Points.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 9 of 11
Latheboy
in reply to: jhackney1972

I guess that happened so fast I missed it.  It makes sense 😁  I should add that to my tool bar.

Thanks very much.  Steve

Message 10 of 11
Christoph_360

Hello

Many ways to model this, in the attachment my way.

Mfg

Christoph

Message 11 of 11
Latheboy
in reply to: Christoph_360

I see.  You created one hole and then patterned the hole across.  Makes sense as well.  I think @jhackney1972 did what he did because I had already placed 8 points.  Thanks for the help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report