Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easily select and colour components in batches in browser

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jasonUJ2XR
140 Views, 5 Replies

Easily select and colour components in batches in browser

I'm building my assembly by importing parts in groups (designing lights), and I want to colour code each group type:

ie:

1 - Luminaire body parts

Body-XX-A

Body-XX-B

etc

2- Luminaire Optics

Lens-XX-A

Lens-Holder-XX-A

etc

3 - Electrical components

POWERSUPPLY-XX-A

LED CONTROLLER-XX-A

etc

As I drag each component into my model, I want to colour-code that component to its particular "group" (ie- all the "Luminaire Body parts" to be blue, all the "luminaire optics" to be green, etc....

But I have to right click each component after inserting it, and do the CYCLE COMPONENT COLOUR COMMAND.

Sometimes it takes 10 or more times to do this command to come around to the colour I need, and even then the colour might not be the exact colour as the others (slightly different), see attached image showing slightly different colours...I wasn't able to get the component colours to match exactly , even after cycling through all the colours multiple times....

How can I batch select and batch change component colours, so I'm choosing multiple components (all in the same "group"), and change all of their colours EASILY to be the same colour, especially without doing the command multiple times....?

fusion browser_component colours.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
g-andresen
in reply to: jasonUJ2XR

Hi,

Component colors cannot be selected individually.

günther

Message 3 of 6
jhackney1972
in reply to: jasonUJ2XR

You can create a Selection Set of all your components and assign an Appearance as a group using the selection set.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 4 of 6
TrippyLighting
in reply to: g-andresen

@g-andresen wrote:

Hi,

Component colors cannot be selected individually.

günther

I think you have to elaborate o that a little. In Fusion, appearance materials can be assigned at face, body or component level. Appearances of inserted designs can be overridden.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
g-andresen
in reply to: TrippyLighting

Hi,

The article from @jasonUJ2XR was about CYCLE COMPONENT COLOUR COMMAND.

I also believe that users should individually select the labeling of the components in the browser and in the timeline regardless of the appearance.

günther

Message 6 of 6
TrippyLighting
in reply to: g-andresen

@g-andresen wrote:

Hi,

The article from @jasonUJ2XR was about CYCLE COMPONENT COLOUR COMMAND.

I also believe that users should individually select the labeling of the components in the browser and in the timeline regardless of the appearance.

günther

Gahh! Yes, of course! My bad!

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report