Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawings - Disabling Automatic Sheet Creation

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
bwalker145
156 Views, 5 Replies

Drawings - Disabling Automatic Sheet Creation

Is there a way to completely disable automatic sheet creation when generating a drawing?

When I create a drawing of an assembly, under the "Sheet Creation Structure" option, I can select "First Level" or "All Level", but there's no option to disable. Depending on the number of assemblies / sub-assemblies, this can result in Fusion generating a large number of sheets that I don't need at the start, even with the "First Level" option selected.

Not a big deal to just delete the extra sheets, it's just a minor workflow annoyance that I'd like to change if possible.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jhackney1972
in reply to: bwalker145

If you set your Create Drawing dialog to Manual, you will only create one sheet.  You can then add sheets as needed.

Create Drawing Single Sheet.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 6
bwalker145
in reply to: jhackney1972

Hi John,

I always have it set to manual, and it still creates multiple sheets.

bwalker145_0-1717516951782.png

Message 4 of 6
jhackney1972

You must be using a custom template which is set to create these extra sheets.  As you can see from my screen capture the Sheet Creation section of the dialog box is not present.  If you would attach your Drawing Template, the Forum could take a look.  To export the template, you have to do it from the Web Database, select the template, and export to a F2T file.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 5 of 6
bwalker145
in reply to: jhackney1972

Ahh okay, that pointed me in the right direction, thank you. Here's the root-cause:

My template only has a single sheet listed, but the single "Base View Placeholder" is triggering the automatic sheet generation for multiple assemblies/components. Once the Base View is removed from the sheet (and the assembly/component reference deleted from the browser tree) the "Sheet Creation" dialog box disappears, and it no longer creates multiple sheets.

Message 6 of 6
jhackney1972

Great, do not forget to select the "Accept Solution" on my post since it pointed you to your problem solution.

John Hackney
Retired

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report