Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Added set of different size holes

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Latheboy
459 Views, 9 Replies

Added set of different size holes

I am trying (and going crazy) to add an additional set of holes which are of a different  size then the group already in place in the attached.

I have tried to edit the feature, and in doing so I wind up eliminating the first set, or only adding more of the same size.  I want to keep the 59 tapped holes there and add the 5 new holes that will be .375 without threads.  Also, if seems that the points are on the opposite side of the material for some reason.  I think I could have made this plate on a manual machine already. 😞

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
TrippyLighting
in reply to: Latheboy

I am assuming these 5 holes need to go to the 5 unused points. If no, please be more specific.

I added a new hole feature for the new holes.  

TrippyLighting_0-1717179764758.png

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
jhackney1972

You have the sketch visible, select the Hole command, select the 5 points and create you holes.  Model attached.

Create Holes.gif

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 4 of 10
Latheboy
in reply to: jhackney1972

Those are the points and I am trying to make the 5 holes for countersunk bolts.  when I do so, they are on the wrong side of the plate meaning the countersunk part is on the bottom??

Message 5 of 10
laughingcreek

the hole tool will consider the plane of the sketch where the points are located to be the "top" of the hole.  

you could reverse the direction of your initial extrude so the "top" is facing you, or you could create a new sketch on the face and project the points into it.

Message 6 of 10
jhackney1972

Your original post did not mention that you wanted "countersunk" holes, only 3/8" holes.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 7 of 10
Latheboy
in reply to: laughingcreek

Thank you all.  I reversed the extrude and everything looks good.  Sorry I neglected to include the countersunk.  It didn't occur to me at the time, but I see that it clearly matters.

Message 8 of 10
TrippyLighting

Please mark one or more posts with Accept Solution.

EESignature

Message 9 of 10
Latheboy
in reply to: laughingcreek

Hello,

I think I need to resurrect this topic.  I thought I had resolved it but see that the countersink portion is still on the incorrect side.  If I change the extrude direction as suggested (which I thought worked), the other points/holes disappear.  I believe that I created all of the points on the same plane, so I am confused as to why the 4 countersunk holes are on the wrong side.  Thanks.

Message 10 of 10
jhackney1972

Once you flip the direction of the Extrude, both the Hole features on the timeline will turn yellow.  Edit each one in turn and flip the hole direction.  Be patient, you have a lot of holes on the first feature.

Flip Hole Direction.jpg

John Hackney
Retired

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report