Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in sketches when creating basic geometry?

60 REPLIES 60
SOLVED
Message 1 of 61
fredgenius
5119 Views, 60 Replies

Bug in sketches when creating basic geometry?

After the most recent update, there's something strange happening in the sketch workspace. If I sketch a circle and type a value, after pressing enter, the dimension is not what I typed. Same with rectangles, lines, and polygons.

60 REPLIES 60
Message 2 of 61
jhackney1972
in reply to: fredgenius

Fusion 360 updated today.  I cannot replicate any error in typed dimensions in model sketches.  Take a look at the Screencast.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 61
fredgenius
in reply to: jhackney1972

Screencast showing my problem:

Message 4 of 61
Anonymous

I have been having the same issue after yesterday's update never before.  When creating sketch geometry with any tool the dimensions lock to the mouse position and will not adjust to the keyboard input dimensions. When using the rectangle tool one side will adjust to the keyboard input dimension but the other side locks to the mouse position. When the dimension is unlocked with the escape key the mouse can adjust the length but it will not adjust to input from the keyboard. More often than not when unlocking  Fusion crashes. I have made a screencast of the problem. I have also reinstalled fusion. The problem was gone for about 3-4 min then returned.

Message 5 of 61
Anonymous

I am having the same issue.

Message 6 of 61
RajkumarIlanchelian
in reply to: Anonymous

Are everyone that are seeing the problem on Window 7?

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 7 of 61

Yes, I am.

Message 8 of 61
Anonymous

Yes, Windows 7.

Message 9 of 61
btulloh

I’ve been having that problem intermittently on Win10 for a few days. Only solution that worked was deleting it then starting over on that particular element. Not very efficient but . . .

Message 10 of 61
fredgenius
in reply to: btulloh

Thanks for contributing. There are a few obvious work-arounds - edit the dimension after creating, create without dimensions and add later... 

Message 11 of 61
itstrueevil

I have exactly the same problem. If I draw a circle or rectangle, type dimensions and press enter, the dimension is not what I typed. I tried reinstalling the program, but it's still the same. I have Windows 7, 64bit.

Message 12 of 61
lance.carocci

What graphics chipset is everyone using, and how recent are your GPU drivers?

You can find this within Fusion 360 under Graphics Diagnostic.

Looking at some of the systems crashing during this workflow, a few GPUs have drivers from 2013, 2015, and some appear to be using basic Windows 7 compatibility drivers (usually happens after reinstalling the OS).

Can anyone impacted please try getting the latest driver (2019+), and let us know if there is any change?

Thanks,

Lance

Lance Carocci
Fusion QA for UI Framework/Cloud Workflows, and fervent cat enthusiast
Message 13 of 61
fredgenius
in reply to: lance.carocci

Hi. NVIDIA, GTX750 Ti, 4GB. Driver was 12/2017, I updated to 03/2018 (latest available) and problem persists.

Message 14 of 61
Anonymous

I am having the same problems. inputting sketch dimensions are taxing. I try to type in something like .1875 into the box for a length and it puts out some other number. I have to re-click it and try again to get the right number. If i try to do some basic arithmetic like (17/21)/2 for a sketch dimension, forget it. It's not having any of that. I have to perform a decimal conversion and give it that (after I do it once and it gives me the wrong dimension and then I re-click it again to put the dimension in once more). 

Message 15 of 61
Anonymous

Hi,

I am using win7 64bit, Nivida Geforce Gt 630m 4Gb, driver Version 391.35  3/27/2018 ( Latest update and also used for Win10).

Additionally fusion crashes after attempting to unlock the dimension using escape, this occurs with Fusion set to utilize the Nvidia card or using the integrated graphics chip.

Thank you for your time.

Message 16 of 61
itstrueevil

Has anyone found any solution for this? Very annoying, makes the program pretty much unusable. Before the update everything was working fine.

Message 17 of 61
fredgenius
in reply to: itstrueevil

We're waiting for a solution from Autodesk.

Fusion is still very usable, despite this annoyance, either create the feature without a dimension and add it later, or edit the dimension after creation.

Message 18 of 61
lance.carocci

Hi all, could you please try the following with Fusion 360 closed, and let me know if this has any effect?

1. Right-click on the Autodesk Fusion 360 shortcut, select Properties
  2. Under the Compatibility tab
    1. Check the box to Run this program in compatibility mode for:
    2. Change the dropdown value to Windows 7
  3. Click OK to commit the changes
  4. Restart Fusion 360

Autodesk Fusion 360 PropertiesAutodesk Fusion 360 Properties

If there is no change, feel free to uncheck the box to undo this change.

Lance Carocci
Fusion QA for UI Framework/Cloud Workflows, and fervent cat enthusiast
Message 19 of 61
Anonymous

Has anyone else experienced graphics abnormalities in other software after this Fusion update? I was experiencing malfunctions while using Firefox for web interfaces (backgrounds blacking out similar to Fusion crashing in my screencasts). I uninstalled Fusion and the problems in other software disappeared, reinstalled and the problems came back.

Message 20 of 61
fredgenius

That did fix the problem for me. However, interesting thing:

When I reported the problem I shoulda mentioned, the update failed the day before and I got a message telling me to close and reboot pc. I did, but never saw any sign of the update completing. This happened again just now after turning on compatibility mode.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report