Community
Forma Forum
Welcome to the Forma Community. Give feedback, report bugs, and tell us your ideas about Autodesk Forma
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Geographical North and Project North

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Sylvia.Anggraeni
343 Views, 4 Replies

Revit Geographical North and Project North

Hi Forma Team, 

I'm currently having an issue with the Forma-Revit Interoperability. So here are the steps I took.

1. I created a project proposal in Forma then I push it to Revit.

2. In Revit I get everything ready from topography, elevation and everything sourced from Forma. 

3. Then I want to model the building more and I need to rotate my Project North to see things easier (I'm not messing with Geographical North though). I push everything back to Forma, but now everything got rotated (the model and surrounding existing building models), except the topography. Both in Revit and Forma. 

Is there a way for Forma to differentiate a Project North and Geographical North? I hope there is a way to push the Model back from Revit to Forma without it taking the information of the Project North.

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

The Revit Add-in as of Version 0.9.3 should be ignoring the Project North when sending data back to Forma.  This version was required as of April 17th, so if you did it recently, it should have been ignored.  Can you confirm that it's still happening with the latest version?

Message 3 of 5

Hi Sylvia.Anggraeni.
Did you get the opportunity to test it out?

Message 4 of 5

Hallo everyone, 

I've just tested it again and it still doesn't work. I've also reinstalled the add-in to make sure it's the version above. Maybe I did something wrong, has anyone else experimented?

(Actually it's not that critical, I could make another project for the project north and then copy and paste the model into the first project that is linked to Forma. But that's not practical.)

Message 5 of 5

I have confirmed that there are updates needed to handle project north being changed after the data is loaded from Forma.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators