Community
Forma Forum
Welcome to the Forma Community. Give feedback, report bugs, and tell us your ideas about Autodesk Forma
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forma Terrain issues

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tasistro-hart
175 Views, 3 Replies

Forma Terrain issues

I'm trying to underlay a DXF exported from a GIS application only to find that the terrain object clips the DXF. This is frustrating because the terrain in forma is limited to 4 square kilometers and the DXF shows information of about 8 square kilometers. The terrain object should not clip imported DXFs. Is there a workaround?

Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hey,

Thanks for the feedback Would you be willing to share the file and or screenshots?

Best,
Samarvir singh 

Product Manager 

Message 3 of 4

"as-working.png" is what forma currently displays when i insert a dxf. The dxf has hatches and curves which are only visible on the terrain object. The dxf is only visible when the terrain visibility is set to "map." 

"expected.png" is what i expect to see. I selected the dxf which is why there are blue outlines.  I am expecting to see gray hatches that are part of the file extend beyond the terrain. 

Message 4 of 4

Hey,

Thanks for the reply and sharing the examples. The issue is with how we render vectors. We do quite a few optimisations to run things smoothly that's the reason you see dotted lines. 

We are looking into how to fix this issue. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums