Did you mean: 

Parametric 2D Skeletal Drawing

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
amarinXG8V6
127 Views, 1 Reply

Parametric 2D Skeletal Drawing

Hi fellow Autodeskers,

I'm looking to create a skeleton sketch in 2D Autocad that can be parametrically controlled. I'm familiar with how to do this in Inventor but I haven't done this in Autocad. I would like to be able to control the length, width, interior and intermediate line locations as per the screenshot below. For now this is a simple "skeleton" line drawing. Each of the lines will be populated with other geometry in the form of dynamic blocks. Think of this as a 2D Frame Generator where each of the lines could be HSS tubing, round tubing, etc. I'm trying to understand if this will end up being a dynamic block or I may end up drawing the lines "on the fly" using VBA/ Lisp. I was hoping someone could let me know if you can do something like this using parameters and arrays or if that is to complicated. I can create the spacing and pattern quantity as user parameters, but I can seem to access these values when doing a classic array or a normal array. Thanks everyone for looking at this!

amarinXG8V6_0-1720217774420.png

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: amarinXG8V6

@amarinXG8V6 wrote:

or if that is to complicated.

I'm afraid that all this together will be "to complicated" for AutoCAD (for some reasons). 

Perhaps you will have a change if you can split the problem in several smaller issues. 

(One of the main problems: In AutoCAD you can not modify/calculate the values of an array [number of items, distance of items, ...], if you additonal want/need to modify the geometry of the source element(s)).

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta