Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Block - Stretch and Array

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dan4S4AC
149 Views, 3 Replies

Dynamic Block - Stretch and Array

I'm trying to make a dynamic block that allows me to stretch the block to any opening and it will infill studs on 600mm ctrs. I have got it working pretty well but the last array doesn't appear which means the last stud distance ends up being over 600mm. How can I ensure the last stud appears?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Ed.Jobe
in reply to: dan4S4AC

Take a look at how I did this block.

Ed

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
How to post your code.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
dan4S4AC
in reply to: Ed.Jobe

Hi,

Yes, I see how that one works and can replicate that by tying a move polyline to the block. However, that only seems to work if you use increments.

I want to be able to do a block that can stretch to any width for example 1923mm. Whereby the first studs are all at 600mm and then the last one is ~123mm. What the block is currently doing is making the first studs all be 600mm ctrs but the last one will be at ~723mm. This is too far apart. How do I get the array to fill in the last one.

It seems to be making the 600mm ctrs array as the minimum spacing rather than the maximum.

Message 4 of 4
uday3C
in reply to: dan4S4AC

@dan4S4AC,

I've created the behavior you want, however, the width dimension isn't correct as I had to move the array parameter's start point to the left to get it working as intended.

uday3C_0-1720162784510.png

What I've done seems a bit jank, surely there's a better way to do this, but unfortunately, I haven't come to it yet.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost