Did you mean: 

Need help fixing annotation dynamic block

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
jeguizaASRZM
728 Views, 11 Replies

Need help fixing annotation dynamic block

Hello Everyone, I am having trouble with my dynamic blocks.

I have created blocks to help me annotate details from my drawings but they, SADLY, don't fully work as planned.

I have created a dwg to explain the blocks and how I hope for them to work.

I really like how the leader function but is there anyway to change the thickness of a leader like a polyline at .03 global width and include a multiline attribute?

Any help would be appreciated!

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
s.borello
in reply to: jeguizaASRZM

Can you use layers to control the line-weight of the leaders? You can add a multi-line text attribute to your block.   Will this work for you?   I added a multiline text attribute to your block... see attached and adjust for your needs. 

Message 3 of 12
jeguizaASRZM
in reply to: s.borello

Hello, thank you for the response.

The blocks i have so far do have multil line text so creating text worked great.

The dwg explains more of whats going on with the blocks and how the fail, but also what I hope to do.

Question,

I am able to change the global width of a mulileader line, but the arrow stays the same. what do I have to change so that the global width can reflect .03 inch. I also noticed when I print the size does not reflect the width in model space, am I doing something wrong?

Message 4 of 12
faragello

Hi.

I am worked on the first problem, you can check for my solved.

then I do not know why you do not want to use SPline leader?

Message 5 of 12
jeguizaASRZM
in reply to: faragello

hello @faragello  thank You for the solution!

the block is finally constrained to the line. I have an additional request. Would the grips be able to move with the object at a specific place instead of going to a weird location?

Message 6 of 12
faragello

Hi. @jeguizaASRZM, sorry for the delay in answering

Can you check please, is this you want?

Message 7 of 12
vinodkl

Why create a new dynamic block when you have Multileader which can do all this?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 8 of 12
faragello

Dear @jeguizaASRZM  

I'm tried to make block and multileader with the same requirement, can you check if it is helpful?

Message 9 of 12
jeguizaASRZM

@faragello  Thank you so much for this great block!! it works great! I will be definitely use this to better my points of parameters and actions! 

No problem on the time, I very much understand and appreciate the help!

I do have a question regarding multileaders, maybe @vinodkl  can help me as well. I have given the idea of making  a costume multileader butI could never figure out how to make the "spline" or the actual leader( not the arrow) thicker so when I plot it stands out more. I'm currently using a 36x60 paper size so the regular leader looks a too thin to stand out. I've tried to change the "lineweight" to .031" but it still does not reflect on my print preview. Am I missing something in my plotter settings or is there another way to change the leaders global width like a polyline? 

Thanks For the Help,

I have learned a lot from the block and the new idea to use a leader to make my life my life more easier! haha!

Message 10 of 12
jeguizaASRZM

@faragello  I 100% see that my current plotter setting prevents me from plotting the lineweight that I need. As you suggested, I tried going from by layer to by block (it works!!) but the plotter setting prevents me from plotting the thickness. I don't know how to fix this.

Would someone guide me on how to change the plotter setting so the lineweight reflects on my plot? What controls the option for the line thickness for the multileader or the block? is it the color? the layer name? both? a setting from the option menu? I'm not too familiar with messing with the plotter setting. Any link would be appreciated!

(I now see that it will be guided by color with the numerical value assigned to color of the block or objects!!)

Message 11 of 12
faragello

Hi, @jeguizaASRZM  there are many reasons for this 

*scale lineweights 

* plot object lineweights

* plot style. , plot style gives you the option to control the line weight by color.

if all above not working you can try the reset AutoCAD sitting from the windows (i do not recommend this because you will loos al your private sittings).

Message 12 of 12
jeguizaASRZM

@faragello , I see it finally!! Awesome! I was able to create a new layer with the color red for all the annotation blocks. I was able to make everything on that red color layer to be line weight .0394 with the plotter settings!

Thank You So Much For The New Knowledge!!

The way you created a new block will be used as a reference for the parameters and actions!

Thank You For helping me fix my issue!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta