Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to create a Attribute that changes based on the length of my block?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
hcontesti
278 Views, 5 Replies

Is it possible to create a Attribute that changes based on the length of my block?

Hello, I have a block that i want to make and i was curious if there was a way to make an attribute that is linked to the length of the block. I have the distance1 parameter and a stretch parameter in my block

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
hwalker
in reply to: hcontesti

No attribute length cannot be changed, by stretching a block. It will always be fixed to what you set it as when you create it

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 6
Libbya

@hcontesti wrote:

Hello, I have a block that i want to make and i was curious if there was a way to make an attribute that is linked to the length of the block. I have the distance1 parameter and a stretch parameter in my block

It depends on what you mean.  You can change the attribute value based on the length of a linear parameter by using either a block properties table or a lookup.  You cannot dynamically change the text width of a multiline attribute.  

Message 4 of 6
hcontesti
in reply to: Libbya

Basically the text will be invisible, i just want it to show up when we use the data extraction command so we can have the length in the table to make estimating and quoting easier

Message 5 of 6
Libbya

If you just want the text to show the length of a parameter then that is quite easy.  No need for block properties table or lookup.  Just use a blockplaceholder field in the attribute referencing the distance parameter.

Message 6 of 6
hcontesti
in reply to: Libbya

Thank you very much. Im still learning all the options available with AutoCad Blocks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost