Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elevation Symbol

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
SLloydBowen
1974 Views, 1 Reply

Elevation Symbol

I have two symbols used for elevations; interior and exterior.  I have been trying to combine them into a single block while maintaining all functionality without the need to double the number of attributes.  I have managed to get the sheet number attribute to change locations as required when switching from interior to exterior.  I have the view direction arrow rotating as desired.  The view identifier attribute rotates as desired.  What I cannot seem to figure out is how to make the view identifier ignore the rotation angle and move to the desired location when the symbol type changed from interior to exterior.

I have included a drawing that shows four examples of how the exterior symbol and the interior symbol should work.  I also included the block as it is right now.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
hwalker
in reply to: SLloydBowen

Personally I would put another attribute in for the exterior. 

Then if you want to extract the data for any reason you can differentiate between interior and exterior elevations

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost