Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Blocks Showcase: Share Your Favorite Dynamic Blocks

262 REPLIES 262
Message 1 of 263
Victoria.Studley
80762 Views, 262 Replies

Dynamic Blocks Showcase: Share Your Favorite Dynamic Blocks

Dynamic Blocks Showcase: share your favorite dynamic blocks and show us how you made them!

As a follow up to our latest dynamic blocks webinar, we'll post our favorite dynamic blocks here with Screencasts to illustrate how we created them.

Please join the conversation: share your own blocks or get some inspiration from your fellow community members. Let us know how you save time in your designs by using dynamic blocks!

If you're interested in watching our Dynamic Blocks webinars, or signing up for future AutoCAD webinars, check out these links:

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
262 REPLIES 262
Message 41 of 263

Here is a secure door lock set...

Message 42 of 263
Anonymous
in reply to: timothy_crouse

Still very much learning dynamic blocks. I haven't yet worked out how you create the list that shows different blocks. This would be useful for my first block: 

1)  A section through beam and block floor that simply arrays and stretches. I have one of these for 225 & 175 dp and 3 different spacing options on each. I would like to learn to combine these into one block with drop down selection for the different size and spacing.

2) Just a detail call out marker. I think the first dynamic block I created 

3) handy little block for setting the slates out on sections. As a engineering technician, this only ever needs to be very much indicative. just helps create the roof profile quickly!

Message 43 of 263
scottspeig
in reply to: Anonymous

I suppose you'd have an option of two ways:

1st (easiest)- use of a visibility state and only make one visible in each state.

2nd (more difficult) - If you can create the different objects by manipulating simple sizes (such as a square), you can use  a lookup table and state the sizes needed. You may need to use constraints to keep the shape etc.

[In my first block, when selecting the thicker RHS, the radii doesn't change size (which is a shame as the outer radius ought to be double the thickness). I am unsure if this is possible as I haven't the time to play with it, but on face of it should be able to be done as you can set the parameter as 2t and then have it constrained...]

Message 44 of 263
timothy_crouse

I like your detail marker.  It has some nice functionality.

Your goals of incorporating multiple blocks will need to happen via viability states.

Basically paste each block into you dynamic block

Drag a visibility state parameter onto the screen

add visibility states to the parameter

select the object you want to appear or disappear for each state and toggle its visibility on or off via the vis state icons on the ribbon bar

Also look into setting up visibility via lookup tables, very useful

Message 45 of 263

Here is an updated version.

Added Round Knob to front view and added top views of each handle set for both sides of the door.

Tags (1)
Message 46 of 263

Here are a few more general use paperspace dynamic blocks.  Many have been setup to work with sheet set properties via fields inside the attribute.  Edit the fields and insert them as call blocks and you can have smart linking to many different types of block, not just call blocks.

-Tim C.

Message 47 of 263
Anonymous
in reply to: Victoria.Studley

This block has several types of cabinets all built into one with multiple visibility parameters. I have posted this block before but this is a good updated version. These cabinets are standard starting placing for me at work so they might not be typical to the standards you or your company would use.

Message 48 of 263

Here is another paperspace use call block.

It's purpose is to highlight an area of interest and direct the view to an enlarged detail view.

Hope this saves a few folks some time.

Best Regards

Tim C.

Tags (1)
Message 49 of 263
timothy_crouse

Here is a dynamic matchline preconfigured to work with sheetsets.

My technique for using this is to create a named view in a drawing which gets pushed into the sheetset view pane

Once it is there you can right click the view and select place a call block and select this matchline inlieu of the standard detail call block (set this as an option in the sheetset call block properties).

Now if you ever rename your sheet title your matchline reference will stay in sync.

Hope this saves a few folks some time.

Best Regards

Tim C.

SIDENOTE

You may notice I use STB named plot configurations, they offer more control with less maintenance,  if you use CTB plot configurations the color will be match close as autocad can get them (for layers with RGB color sets).

Message 50 of 263

This is a pretty simple block we use for trash receptacle enclosures on commercial site plans. The block can be stretched to incremental sizes, rotated, choice of fenced wall or block wall, and choice of one gate or two.  The linework in the block has thicknesses applied so it can appear three dimensional if needed.

image.png

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 51 of 263
Anonymous
in reply to: Victoria.Studley

Here is two blocks of cabinet doors. One double door block and a single door block.

Keeps door sizes equal. Dashed line for shelves has visibility options.

Dashed line for door swing is flip-able on the single door block of course.

Anybody else in the "Millwork" industry? I have lots of dynamic cabinet / millwork type blocks.

Now that I'm posting this, I'm considering using multiple visibility work around to make this all one block.

Update to follow when I have time.

Message 52 of 263
Anonymous

Apologies,

I forgot to post the block.

Message 53 of 263
timothy_crouse

Nice work

I would agree that a single block using vis-states would be  a nice finishing touch

Message 54 of 263
Anonymous

Hello Josua,

I had to check-out your block because while I am not in the millwork industry, I am in the food service industry. I work for a stainless fabricator of restaurant equipment, and we make cabinets (and tables, sinks, shelves, etc). I've attached a drawing with a simple cabinet drawings (plan and elevation views), which is comprised of several dynamic blocks: the counter (plan/elev), the body (elev), the two cabinet sections (plan), and the doors (plan/elevation). You should make note of how the plan door(s) block has both a single and double configuration.

Anyway, I thought you'd like to use these as reference. By the way, I like how you added the multiple move points as grips; I'm going to add that so some of our key blocks!

Message 55 of 263
Anonymous
in reply to: timothy_crouse

I've updated this all into one block.

I've also added options for drawers on top (I was using a separate dynamic block for drawers)

Hopefully someone else can benefit from this block as well!

"Work smarter, not harder" Smiley Wink

Joshua Mowry | Draftsman

FD-DD-2.jpg

Message 56 of 263

In response to an Architects request,  I had generated this custom block to help with deciding sizing for interior elements.  Enjoy!

Message 57 of 263

Imperial Dynamic Hardware

-Tim

Message 58 of 263

Basic Fire Sprinkler Piping Dynamic Blocks.

-Tim C.

Message 59 of 263

Call Blocks and Match Lines in dynamic format.

-Tim C.

Message 60 of 263

Revised version, scaling of thick line is omitted

-Tim C.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta