Did you mean: 

distance constraint between curves in dynamic block

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
462 Views, 7 Replies

distance constraint between curves in dynamic block

Hi

I am trying to maintain a specified distance between curves during a scale parameter in a dynamic block, Im wondering if anyone have a solution for this?

Regards

Anthony

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
zia_rehman
in reply to: Anonymous

You can do this even by copying the whole set of Elbow in another visibility state and modify the sizes as required for your design.

For this idea it's like set of blocks in one dynamic block, i know you are looking for different way to solve.

Zia

Zia
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: zia_rehman

Thanks for you reply zia, I had considered visibility states but was put off by the sheer number of states to cover the entire range of sizes I need - thanks for the test sample...will make that work for now.

Regards

Anthony

Message 4 of 8
hwalker

I can't get the inside arc to stay at 25. It would probably take a good sit down to look through.

But here you go. Look at Visibilitystate0 and see what I've done. The block is called test1

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: hwalker

Nice Job..hwalker, that gets me a step closer. tried to apply another distance parameter and scale action to the inside radius but didn't work..thanks for your help, much appreciated

Message 6 of 8
hwalker

Here you go. The block is updated and it now works.

It needed a scale action for the inner dashed arc. Then a stretch action needed to be added to Distance2 to stretch Distance3 and Distance3 then needed to be made a chained parameter. See the attached drawing.

You'll need to fiddle with the rotation parameter, but apart from that it should help you

Howard Walker
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: hwalker

You're an absolute legend hwalker...thanks for doing that. I will have a crack at the rotation and visibility states

Regards

Anthony

Message 8 of 8
hwalker

@Anonymous 

Here you go. I managed to sort out the rotation. There was also a problem where the internal arc was moving out of position.

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost