Did you mean: 

Attribute using block's ScaleX value

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
aksha
827 Views, 5 Replies

Attribute using block's ScaleX value

I have created a Detail Annotation block which has a attribute which I converted to a field and it uses the blocks own ScaleX value. It works well as far as I use it within the same drawing. Changing the scale of block changes the value of the attribute as intended.
Problem comes when I WBlock it out to use it other drawings. When I insert this Wblocked block into the new drawing, it will lose the field and will be a common attribute. How do I make it not lose the field.SS.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
vinodkl
in reply to: aksha

Hi,

May I ask why you are using the scale feature of the block as you creating annotative block which would scale up with the change in the scale?

You can use the "BLOCKPLACEHOLDER" field name inside the block editor to assign the field "scale x" to the attribute. Doing so, when you use the command "INSERT" to insert the block into the drawing there will be no requirement of entering the attribute value again.

When creating the WBLOCK did you choose the source object as "BLOCK"?

Please attach the drawing so that we can test it from our end the let you know where its going wrong.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 6
aksha
in reply to: vinodkl

I tried to re-Wblock the block following your suggestion but when I insert that into a new drawing the scale attribute loses it's field. Regarding your other comment (about BLOCKPLACEHOLDER) I do not understand how to go about it. I do not know how to add a field to an attribute while in Block Editor. I will be obliged if you can explain further. 

Message 4 of 6
vinodkl

Hi,

Here is the screencast which explain how to do it.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast/37af3e2c-db6e-4fd1-8253-4a518050ca3f 

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
Message 5 of 6
aksha
in reply to: vinodkl

Perfect! Thank you Vinod for taking so much trouble for me! It worked.

Message 6 of 6
vinodkl

No problem😄 I'm happy that it worked 😊

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report