Constraint Parameters in all visibility states help

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
fjorelo_shahaj
238 Views, 4 Replies

Constraint Parameters in all visibility states help

Hello everyone!

I have created a dynamic block with different visibility states (attached below), and now I want these visibility states to be affected with the angular constraint parameter. when I set the angular constraint parameter it only moves 2 lines and I want it to act like a stretch but only angular. I have never used constraint parameters before so I am asking for your help. Attached is also the image to show the problem.

Thank you in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Unfortunately you didn't show us how the block should look after dragging the lines (= changing the angles). So I only can try to guess: 

I hope, stretching the arc is what you want to achieve. But what with the inner ends of the lines? And which area do you want to fill with the hatch?

Please tell or show us more detailed what you expect to get. 

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5

Hello @j.palmeL29YX  thank you for the reply.

what you did with stretching the arc is one of the things i want to achieve. The other thing i want to do is that the hatch stretch together with the arc and also this to be applied in all the visibility states. I understand that stretching the arc to much it breaks the shape of the object so i was thinking that the arc not to stretch to much but only to the end of the bottom line so it don't break shape. 
I am sorry i don’t know how to explain it differently and I don’t even know if that is possible to achieve.

Message 4 of 5

I don't know a way how to apply parameters to visibility states. Therefore I suggest, to set the needed size (100x60, 200x60, 300x60 and so on, whereby I assume that the first value in the size name is the initial length of the horizontal line) by setting an appropriate scale factor while inserting the block reference. 

Based on your posted drawing you should type the following values: 

Size:              Type the value:

100x60         1000/6

200x60        2000/6

300x60        3000/6  or 500

400x60        4000/6

500x60        5000/6

600x60        6000/6  or 1000

(The meaning of the "...x60" in the size name is unknown for me)

An example handling is shown in the following video. Dragging the angles stops if it would destroy the hatch. 

If you urgently need for the hatch the two scale factors as in your visibility states I must capitulate and give up. 

Even if my suggestion does not quite meet your requirements and the block may be not 100% stable I hope that you can use it as a start point for additional refinements. 

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5

@j.palmeL29YX  Sorry for the delay.

The solution that you provided matches with what I was looking for.

Now I just have to figure out a way to do it in different visibility states.

Thank you very much for your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta