Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promote Data References Option in eTransmit

Promote Data References Option in eTransmit

This may already be an idea, but I would love to see a check option to "Promote Data Shortcut References".  This option will exclude the DREF source files when bundling final plans for transmittal.  Often times, we're submitting our plans to third parties, and I don't want them to have access to any "working" design files that may have been DREF'd into final production sheets.  

Something like the below image shows would be terrific:  Thanks!

Capture.JPG

3 Comments
Eric_Chappell
Community Manager

Congratulations! This Idea has been featured on the Autodesk Civil Engineering Community Center http://civil-community.autodesk.com/2018/03/civil-3d-idea-week-promote-data-references-option-etrans...

BlackBox_
Advisor

1+ this is a good idea.

@Eric_Chappell - We need a single tool that combines eTransmit & Export (optional) - right now it's a cumbersome sequence to try and get this done properly.

Despite reporting it to Autodesk, Export doesn't account for: MLeader explode for pre-2009 format, COGO on locked layers, etc.

If you're all about collaboration finally, that's great - then give us a professional tool to do that, in Civil 3D or vanilla AutoCAD format, as Civil 3D is how many years old now, and still can't do all of this efficiently? 

I know you can do better than this.

Cheers

Mike.M.Carlson
Advisor

55 Votes 5 years later and no option yet. fingers "still" crossed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report