Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find Linetype File

Find Linetype File

I use Civil 3D more than other software.  I believe this is and AutoCAD feature though, but there is no AutoCAD Idea forum that I can find.

I have worked with many companies in my years of consulting.  I have always run into an issue when talking to users who have custom linetypes and I ask, "From which file is the linetype coming from?"  Users look at me and say they don't know. So I post this. . . 

Linetype.png

3 Comments
TimYarris
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

Thank you for your idea. This would need to be addressed in core AutoCAD, but we will share this with the AutoCAD team for review while customers continue to add feedback and vote on it.

doni49
Mentor

And when it shows the filename, also show the path to the file.  Keep in mind that it is possible to have linetypes within the dwg file even though you no longer have access the linetype file.  For that reason, I'd love to see a tool to export any linetypes that are currently loaded in the dwg file (yes, I'll post a new idea for this).

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/civil-3d-ideas/export-a-linetype/idi-p/12838015

J-Porter
Advocate

Yes, of course!  We definitely need to see the path to the file.  I can't believe I forgot to mention that.  And I agree with your export request.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report