Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Line Glyph Size

Feature Line Glyph Size

We need the ability to change the glyph size on feature lines. It's currently some arbitrary size that's too small and is relative to screen size. When the feature line is selected the base AutoCAD grips show up, covering up the feature line glyph. This makes it extremely frustrating to see what point you're working on. 

feature_line_glyph.png

You can barely see the glyph over the second node of the feature line due to the AutoCAD grip. The grip size can be shrunk down, but then it makes it much harder to see the grips. The best solution would be to allow feature line glyphs to be sized base on user settings. At a minimum at least increase the glyph size to something that is larger than the AutoCAD grips. 

32 Comments
pieter_haeck
Advocate

I agree. Furthermore, changing the color of the glyph would also be nice, sinde when using e.g. surface styles with green triangles, the glyphs are very hard to see...

Anonymous
Not applicable

this would help alot! do it! 

Status changed to: Future Consideration

Status changed to: Accepted

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its even harder to see when you are working on top of an aerial photo or when you have spot elevations in your drawing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

a would be nice to select on drawing the elevation you need to edit, not just in elevation editor, and custom CTRL selection

pieter_haeck
Advocate

Urb-studiri,

I think this is already possible with the 'Quick Elevation Edit' tool... Smiley Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was thinking that the other day actually as well. When i have selected a feature line with 40-50 vertices it would be good to select a vertex in the drawing and it be highlighted in the elevation editor. Currently you have to click on the elevation editor to try and find the correct vertex in the drawing which is time consuming and frustrating. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

As frustrating as it is I'm glad to see I am not the only one irritated with with issue. 

Please please make the glyph adjustable. Pretty please!!!! Feature lines are such a useful tool that *should* be quick to edit. 

FRANKSANTELLI2314
Participant

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with this issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any updates on this?

nmelson
Explorer

Has Autodesk updated any of this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Status changed to Accepted is great, but when will this be implemented?  

nmelson
Explorer

I did find somewhat of a workaround for this issue. After opening the Elevation Editor for the feature line, deselect the feature line but leave Elevation Editor open. The blue grips are no longer shown, but the feature line glyph will continue to appear as long as the Elevation Editor remains open and active for this feature line. 

Doesn't quite solve the problem but it may help a bit. 

Cadguru42
Advisor

Well, the status was changed to accepted almost 3.5 years ago, but still hasn't been implemented. @peterfunkautodesk any thoughts?

adclarkeam
Community Visitor

As someone getting into AutoCAD, I have to laugh at crap like this. I always perceived it as an industry leader but reality seems like it has a large user base blind to how unwieldy and unfriendly it is to use.
How has this feature not been implemented? One of the most basic Civils entities should work like clockwork already.

HQGL01
Enthusiast

Any news on this implementation. Been accepted for quite a while now.

viktor.jonssonHZE83
Participant

@peterfunkautodesk  How is the progress going? A change of color and sizes for glyphs would be very much appreciated. 

TimYarris
Autodesk

While I don't have a date you can expect this behavior, I asked the development team to have a look at this one. I can see how frustrating it is and how it must affect your day-to-day productivity. I'll keep you posted.

TimYarris
Autodesk

I assume the ask is for the glyph sizing to be increased (by x% of the AutoCAD grip, for example) for both the PIs (triangles) and elevation point (circle) glyphs. 

Would someone please confirm?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report