Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working Folder path changes itself

25 REPLIES 25
Message 1 of 26
slant
4497 Views, 25 Replies

Working Folder path changes itself

Windows 7, Civil 3D 2014

Every day when i come in and open my project, the working folder is set back to an old job that i finished more than a year ago and have not revisited. Once i reset the working folder to the correct project, it stays that way all day. The next morning, however, it has reverted back to the old working folder. Is it possible to lock it somehow so that it stops changing itself overnight?

25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26

Try that

Message 22 of 26

This didn't seem to work either. it only seems to be this particular file as well, the others I can manipulate however I desire

Message 23 of 26
stephenbrooks410
in reply to: slant

I am getting the same problem in Civil 3D 2019. At random when the file is open the working folder changes by itself. It is changing to a Projectwise data shortcuts folder. The project I am currently working on is not on Projectwise (thank God). This does not seem to be affecting the objects that are referenced into the file from the original (correct) data shortcuts working folder and project folder.

Message 24 of 26

I am using C3D 2021 and am getting this problem. Frustrating to see it goes back 6 years!

Message 25 of 26
B_Rob
in reply to: simon.connellRBKGZ

C3d 2024 same problem...have not found a solution

EDIT: I might have found a solution: Try the system variable: SHORTCUTASSOCIATEENABLE

It seems to be working (my working folder and associated  project are now sticking.

Message 26 of 26
C3D_TomR
in reply to: B_Rob

The resolution I found to this issue was to set LoadRecentDSProjectOnStartup to ON.

C3D_TomR_0-1698535835044.png

Tom Richardson

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature
Autodesk Certified Professional in Civil 3D for Infrastructure Design
AutoCAD Certified Professional
------------------------------------
Autodesk AEC Community Blog
Crossing the line with Civil 3D
Twitter | LinkedIn
------------------------------------
Austin CAD User Group Resources
Blog | Discord | LinkedIn

Autodesk Group Network Leader

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report