Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storm and Sanitary Analysis - Storage Ponds Not Reducing Flow

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
leligdonm
933 Views, 4 Replies

Storm and Sanitary Analysis - Storage Ponds Not Reducing Flow

Hello all, 

I am working on a SSA model for a site that has two proposed storage ponds. When I first created the model, I connected the storage nodes to the pond outlet structures (loaded from the Civil 3D pipe network) with a direct link. This resulted in one of the ponds having 0.00 cfs outflow, and the other had the error "ERROR 134 : Node XXX has more than one DIRECT outlet link or DESIGN pump."

To mitigate this, I removed the outlet structures/junctions and connected the storage node directly to the pipe that is downstream from the outlet structure. Now my model will run, but the storage nodes don't actually store any runoff. The only scenario where (flow out of the pond) < (flow into the pond) is when it overflows. 

The screenshots below show how one of my storage nodes is set up, as well as the associate storage curve. I have also tried changing the ponded area to match the area listed in the storage curve, but this results in no flow into the basin. 

Thanks for any advice that you may have! 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
wfberry
in reply to: leligdonm

Perhaps you .spf file might be of value here.

Bill

Message 3 of 5
leligdonm

Please see the .spf file attached. 

Message 4 of 5
wfberry

I may be the next to last person to be of any help.

First Thing.  Your Storage Curve (Basin A Pond) normally should have a first depth of "0".  Then perhaps a 1 or 2' interval that will satisfy your pond volume.  Your total storage by your submitted file was over 11 million cu. ft.

This needs some adjustment.

Bill

Message 5 of 5
leligdonm

Thanks, Bill! I didn't catch that the inputs should be depth-area, not elevation-area. I appreciate your help. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report