Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFI's - Multiple Work Flows

RFI's - Multiple Work Flows

Please update the RFI work flow. Sometimes the contractor issue a RFI to consultant it may not only assign to one party, it may involve 3 parties which are archi, structure and M&E consultant. Then if one of them reply the contractor's RFI, the others consultant cannot choose reply officially, they are only can add comments. And also cannot assign to somebody to assistant or follow up. Besides that, sometimes the contractor issue a RFI, and consultant do reply, but the reply may not what exactly solve the contractor's question. Then the contractor cannot assign back to consultant, they only can add comments. This work flow are not flexible. Please update! RFI work flow (1).jpg

6 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is another idea mentioning the same need. I think it is a high request and Autodesk should take it as a priority.

roeioved
Alumni

Hello @Anonymous,

Thanks for your suggestion.

In our roadmap, we do plan to extend our co-reviewers (for both RFIs and Submittals) capabilities and allow each co-reviewer to set his own "official" response. With all the various responses per co-reviewer, the primary reviewer will set the final official response (can set, pick or edit a co-reviewer response) for the RFI/Submittal.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@roeioved

Is there a way to notify the Co-reviewer and people in the distribution list with an email? I haven't found a way to notify them as of now. I hope you include that option in future releases.

roeioved
Alumni

Hello @Anonymous,

I'm glad to share that email notifications for "co-reviewers" and "distribution list" are coming real soon.

"Distribution list" will get notified on status changes.

"Co-reviewers" will get notified when RFI will change to OPEN state (review).

(Same response posted here: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/bim-360-ideas/bim-360-project-management-rfi/idc-p/7989829#M5937)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@roeioved Thanks for the fast response on the other subject. Going back to multiple workflows. Is there a way for a Reviewer 1 to return an RFI to the Reviewer 2 if the information provided by them is not sufficient/complete or relevant?

At the moment we only see a 1 way to and 1 way back. We don't see an option to return the information provided, reject it if necessary.

roeioved
Alumni

@Anonymous Correct. At the moment, workflow is 1 way only.

We do look at how to allow both recall (take back for corrections) and move back (to ask for more information/corrections) in the workflow.

BTW, co-reviewers and distribution list email notifications released earlier this month.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report