Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Center Locations

Data Center Locations

Hi, for those of us outside of the US and the UK, it is impossible to use BIM360 on projects that are deemed to have sensitive information involved in them. Government clients that do not fall in US or UK always request that data be hosted on their own soil. Are there any future developments for partnership with colocated data centers?

5 Comments
Keeley.Vickerson
Explorer

I have an airport authority client who cannot host BIM Field. 

tammy-jane.ayr
Explorer

Am I correct in understanding the comment above . . . .they are only available in the US and UK?

SeanMTA
Advocate
So far, yes, this is my understanding. Autodesk uses Amazon Web Services as their underlying service, and at this point do not have a data centre located anywhere other than US or UK. My particular jurisdiction requires gov't projects' data be located on our own soil.
masoga.kekana
Advocate

2020 and this has become even more important!!!

Data privacy means you can no longer have the competitive advantage when bidding for "sensitive" contracts. 

Each continent has sufficient capacity, (yes Africa has sufficient capacity) so you can allocate to a "friendly" state in each region.

masoga.kekana
Advocate

Just to help this idea.

There are HPC Centres owned and run by reputable companies. Can they be approached to ramp up the services in each region. We cannot execute those contracts on BIM360 without a regional server.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report