Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rename Coordination Spaces

Rename Coordination Spaces

Simple really: I would like the ability to rename Model Coordination "Coordination Spaces". 

Thanks,

21 Comments

We also want the ability to rename the Model Coordination "Coordination Spaces" and also change the Folder Path of the Coordination Space to select an other folder in the project.

In addition to renaming these coordination spaces, we should be able to delete / rename these spaces as needed.  Early on in the project we have no clear picture of how each project will be broken down for coordinating, adding / subtracting to areas is pretty common.

hamid.behroozi
Explorer

I believe it is a necessity to be able to edit the coordination spaces. even be able to delete, rename, change the path etc

Flies-Eyes
Advisor

As everybody else is saying, pretty basic functionality.  

Remove

Deactivate

Repath

Rename

The system doesn't even let me create a new Coordination Space at the moment.  Explain to me again why we are paying for services that don't work and are not available......  Don't worry I will just call my client and let them know the project is on hold while someone at autodesk sorts it out....

johan_van_mol
Enthusiast

Such a disappointment.

Autodesk is really cutting corners in ACC.  A lot of basic functionality is missing.

A nice simple acronym exists in computer science: CRUD: Create-Read-Update-Delete.
Customers want to be able to CRUD everything.

We want to be able to:

* Create-Read-Update-Delete Coordination Spaces

* Create-Read-Update-Delete Roles

* Create-Read-Update-Delete the shared folder in "Design Collaboration"

(other BIM 360 ideas exist for these functionalities)

You can't expect your customers to be super-humans and do everything right the first time.

Everything in ACC should be update-able or delete-able.

SteveDFThorne
Collaborator

I didn't know about that acronym but I always wondered if there was some standardized rules for general software design absolutes. 

Thanks for sharing this. Now if only Autodesk would adhere to it closer.... 

I believe it is a necessity to be able to edit, delete, and rename coordination spaces as an administrator.

m.tradDBEVE
Explorer

Still nothing ? 😞
Come on Autodesk 😕

A.Nafea
Explorer

+1

bshaikhmohd
Observer

I need to rename and delete the coordination space @Anonymous where is the solution

sahil_nama6EUXZ
Observer

After 3 years and 100+ votes, this feature is still missing.

serhan.genc
Explorer

Doesn't someone from Autodesk hear us for many years?

renato.pedrotti
Observer

Hello everybody.

My buddys and I strongly agree with this topic.

Enforcing johan_van_mol's request, we need to Create-Read-Update-Delete (CRUD), everything.

Citing Johan:

"
We want to be able to:

* Create-Read-Update-Delete Coordination Spaces

* Create-Read-Update-Delete Roles

* Create-Read-Update-Delete the shared folder in "Design Collaboration"

(other BIM 360 ideas exist for these functionalities)

You can't expect your customers to be super-humans and do everything right the first time.

Everything in ACC should be update-able or delete-able.".

MichaelWolff
Advisor

How much longer will it take to fix this bug?

Zhars
Enthusiast

As mentioned by everyone above, need to be able to Edit, Delete!

montasser_ghonimAMYFH
Community Visitor

Also, we need to include the NWD format 

Ben_vanbuskirk
Community Visitor

As mentioned by everyone above, need to be able to Edit, Delete! Please Fix this

Flies-Eyes
Advisor

And people still question me as to why I don't consider this platform to be ready for market....

maciej-wypych
Contributor

That's why we've built our own tool to do this. The API is available. If you're interested if your own app, let us know.

maciejwypych_0-1703110281661.png

SteveDFThorne
Collaborator

That's interesting that there is an API to do this. I was expecting Autodesk to have had a good reason that this was not an option. Seems like they really should implement my suggestion then. Does anything break when you rename it with your app?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report