AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserting a reference dimension breaks ISO drawings.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
arron.craig
228 Views, 3 Replies

Inserting a reference dimension breaks ISO drawings.

I have a reference dimension from a flange to a sphere but when I generate the ISO for this line, all items are placed on the same position.

This doesn't happen when using the default ISO template so I guess the issue is with our custom template but I am not sure what could have changed in our template to cause this. 

arroncraig_0-1642729858673.png

arroncraig_1-1642730683311.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
h_eger
in reply to: arron.craig

Dear @arron.craig,

You can be sure we don't know what you changed in your custom iso style either. 😁

But you can compare the two IsoConfig,xml on content maybe this will help you.

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 4

When we want to see any differences between the isoconfig.xml files of different styles we put them in https://www.diffchecker.com/diff it's just a tool that'll show the differences between files.

George

If my post offers a solution, please click "Accept as Solution"
Message 4 of 4

Thank you. I compared the two iso styles and the only differences where expected. 
I did notice that the reference dimension works fine when placed on pipe or other fittings in the line. I then narrowed it down to that flange in particular. After deleting and replacing the flange, the reference dimension works now. 😐

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta