Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wrong print-arabic font-letters not conected

41 REPLIES 41
SOLVED
Message 1 of 42
nmzareeb
9468 Views, 41 Replies

wrong print-arabic font-letters not conected

slam allekom .

attached file/ with arabic font/ if i plot to my ploter its ok ./ if i plot vea outocade pdf pc3 the letters not conected/ there is no glue btween them // why ?plz try it / i checked the difrence btween confegration of my ploter ant aut-pdf ploter /and some thing missing / i red a pit about it/it seems conected to these 2 / how can i install them in aut pdf plooter ??? is it posseple .

i dont want external pdf ploter . 

thank u

ur help lord

41 REPLIES 41
Message 21 of 42
nmzareeb
in reply to: pendean

hi .

slam allekom again .

all the story about the xarb.shx font ' was after me sending the ziped file . god morning amerca. 

now this font xarb.shx have not the proplem we talking about ... un the printing pdf its fine   its a   its wondeful ... but its (how to explain it ) its bad , doesnt look good in arabic and doesnt write all the letters wright and easly . 

look at the difrence btween the 2 words . in the outocad screen and in pdf sheet . the wright word is the right one near the +.

about the virtual or external pdf dreivers or ploters .. olmust  all the arab fonts get out perfuct. like magek . and there is no proplem  ...where is the proplem ?!!!   a - i dont want them   ' i want to solve it in outocade    b- i cant confeger sheets size esaly in them . i want for example my sheet to be 45 cm * 135cm .   ii couldnt mange  in it .

im getting upset or something      no im calm. Smiley Frustrated

Screenshot 2018-02-27 19.43.48.pngScreenshot 2018-02-27 19.44.23.png

Message 22 of 42
john.vellek
in reply to: nmzareeb

asalaam alaikum @nmzareeb,

I am not sure that I can help on the PDF issue with Arabic fonts as it is a known issue for which I currently don't have an in-AutoCAD solution. FoxIt seems to resolve the PDF printing issues for many.

I know that another Community member was working on his own font file to improve this but I have not yet seen his progress or results.

As far as sheet size, can you share a sample file with me and tell me what parameters you want assigned for successful output? i am happy to take a look at it for you.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 23 of 42
pendean

Friend, there is no need to repeat over and over again what the problem is: everyone gets it already.

One last time before I move on with my day: I downloaded your ZIP file again, I see no SHX fonts in it as used in your file. Do you not have them either? Yoour etransmit txt file says:

The following files were excluded from the transmittal:
acadlt.fmp
Fonts\simplex.shx
Fonts\txt.shx
Fonts\miryl.shx
Fonts\atir.shx
Fonts\romans.shx
Fonts\arabtype.ttf
Fonts\trado.ttf

I want all of these files please.
Message 24 of 42
nmzareeb

hi 

i get ur point . the e transment fiel doesnt conclode the fonts used ( not the xarb nor others ). how can i make the e transment file saveing  attache all relates and fonts . ??? 

Message 25 of 42
pendean

Capture.PNG

Message 26 of 42
nmzareeb

thank u all so much for trying to feger it / solve it witj me . my god plus u all. 

i learned some thing new ' how to check my e transment zip file . 

i fixed it , now suposse to be attached with all the font .

i thought today ' thats its cant be !!! that outcade is a very clever and developed programs , and arab font are normaly like all others fonts  so the program must read it .. mabye we think in the wrong direction ... mabye some thing wrong about the destance btween the leters or the multi text or single line . i mean  some thing wrong in the defntion of the text style and not the font . 

than u again ... 

Message 27 of 42
john.vellek

HI @nmzareeb,

I agree that this should be simpler. I suspect that the problem stems from the direction of the text being reversed from English.  I have also wondered if a BIGFONT might be a better solution to this issue as well but I have not personally done  much with them.

I did try to fine the free Foxit so I could help set up your sheet sizes but so far I have not found it. If you have a link, please share it with me.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 28 of 42
nmzareeb
in reply to: john.vellek

hi again . 

try dopdf plz. but its lemeted 2 . 

but hebrow font also wrting from right to left . and there is a lot of font that is ok in pdf sheets . 

but the one difrece is that arabic writing its like poly line   contenious   some thing happen with the glue btween the letters ... mabye the destance must be 0. but i tried changing in it ...it doesnt work ..

im laghing ... why ?!!! becouse i know god is the master in outocade  and he know the answer . seeing me sufring  and doing nothing ... just u wight god . we will solve it .............

Heart:)))  with ur help .    

Message 29 of 42
john.vellek

Hi @nmzareeb,

Yes, there are issues that occur with Hebrew fonts as well.  You are correct thought that the connected letters pose a special condition.

I will try to find the other PDF driver you mention and get it installed in the morning.

I must say, I like your attitude. I can understand your frustration but you are still positive which make it so much easier to try and find solutions.

John Vellek

Message 30 of 42
pendean

Thanks for the fonts.

See attached PDF with the driver settings below

Capture.PNG

Message 31 of 42
pendean

... and also tested with two other PDF drivers I have on my Win10 PC, they work fine too

3.PNG2.PNG

Message 32 of 42
john.vellek

Hi @nmzareeb,

This Is where I think you can add a custom papersize in Foxit.

Capture0.PNG

Capture.PNG

John Vellek

Message 33 of 42
nmzareeb

thank u bendean and jhon . 

it is working in  external pdf diffrent  ploters . i was hopping to solve it in outocade . 

but for now i will try to check foxit again . and check the paper size thing again . i think it will work . inshalla .

but what else we can do to solve it in the program . 

i trayed this but get lost ... to save pc3 of some of these external ploters and other of the autocade pdf ploter and double klik on every one to c difrences ... i trayed to take the fiels to the folder one to another ... trying to install these 2  raster graphics and true type text to the outocade pdf pc3    but it hard ......c plz   it like there is opttion to import plooting compenets    what is it . can we change the saved pc3 after we save it ??? 

Screenshot 2018-02-25 23.32.53.pngScreenshot 2018-02-28 19.35.01.png

Message 34 of 42
john.vellek

Hi @nmzareeb,

Let's try to get this set up as a PC3 for the Foxit since that is what I have installed on my side.  If you share all the settings for your plot configuration, I can share my PC3 and PMP with you.

John Vellek

Message 35 of 42
nmzareeb

dear john . 

for some how the outocade get me out if i try to send vea foxit ... its strange . i uninstal it again .

and i start to get strage wendows about plotters and  drivers ....  what did i did .  Smiley Indifferent 

:))))))))))))))))))))))))  poor outocade he know not arabic . 

didnt i say  i dont wana use all these bdf  external drivers. 

12a.png12aa.png12aaa.png

Message 36 of 42
john.vellek

HI @nmzareeb,

I am sorry you are continuing to have problems with this.  You are correct that AutoCAD does not handle Arabic fonts in the PDF process very well.  This is why the third party drivers are necessary.  I suggest uninstalling all of them except the Foxit as I have read in many Forum posts that it does work. I have also verified that it will let us set your custom page size.  

What kind of error is occurring with AutoCAD LT when you use the Foxit driver?

Assuming you don't have a lot of customization in your AutoCAD LT, you should be able to do a Reset Settings to Default to bring it back to original condition. There is no need to uninstall and reinstall at this time.

Please tell me what your typical plot settings need to be and I can configure a PC3 file for your Foxit installation. If you have any Plot Styles that you use, please zip them up and attach them to a post so I can incorporate them into a page setup for you as well.

I assume you are working in Metric Units.  What are the typical page sizes you use other than the 3x4m one?

John Vellek

Message 37 of 42
nmzareeb

hi  jhon.

i did the restart . aranged my screen again. 

the foxit proplem still. it give me remark that the software not resbosing and sudinly  get e out of autocad. 

i dont have speachl size paper that i want , i want to be free so i can confeger it as  it needed. 

is it free software foxite reader ?? 

mabye there is some thing else . 

thank u  . 

Message 38 of 42
john.vellek

Hi @nmzareeb,

I am not sure if Foxit is Free  or if I just got a Trial. You might go back to their website to ask those questions.  I see that Dean has been helping in this thread too. It appears that he tested the PDF driver that is included in Windows 10. It does not appear to allow custom page sizes however.

I went to a developer's application (PDF-Xchange) that I have used for a long time and has always performed well for me.  It is free for non-commercial use and not terribly expensive to buy if you are using this for business.  I installed it, configured a custom 3mx4m sheet and then plotted your file and it looks good to me. Please let me know if this helps.  There might be other PDF writers/drivers available that you could test as well but this one works as promised.

John Vellek

Message 39 of 42
nmzareeb

dear jhon. 

x change installed ... and its seems very very nice program . i do choose a cusom paper size wanted . the new proplem :)) is it save it so fast .. and i dont know where is it in my pc . then i go to save and i picked a path and a name . ok  ok  ok    its save it very fast and do not open the file after saving it   and the big surpraise    when i go the folder i cant faind it .... it seems it saving   but to where ?? i  cant c it yet . 

now u teaching me .. pdf exchange .  slamat

Screenshot 2018-03-01 22.34.38.png

Message 40 of 42
nmzareeb

i descoverd that if we wana shx fonts to look good in outcad pdf plooting it must look good in outcad writing  vea Dtext. 

may god plus u etsek. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report