Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View port is not lined with white paper space backing.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1190 Views, 2 Replies

View port is not lined with white paper space backing.

Hi,

I am editing a drawing and when opened the file the viewport is not lined up with the paper space/ or white background. I normally just scale it but I feel like there is another way to get everything against the white background.I have attached a photo of what I am looking at. 

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

AutoCAD's paperspace viewport creation tools are not automatic: it relies on you to set it up correctly the first time, and if you save your file afterwards it will stick.

Or create and set up all of your layouts inside a template file then import them into current files to use, these will be more ready made (but you might still have to fix the viewport content.

Otherwise... your viewport is too big for the paper size selected with your method or starting a layout: they need to match. You can fix that in PAGESETUP command.

HTH

Message 3 of 3
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> when opened the file the viewport is not lined up with the paper space/ or white background.

Layout viewports are objects that display views of model space. You create, scale, and place them in paper space on a layout. in general Layouts just contain the VP itself and the title block ( with information ) . 

The printable area of a drawing sheet is defined by the selected output device and is represented by the dashed line in a layout. the paper size and plot scale determine the size of the paper background .

After this introduction :

• paper background lower left corner locate at 0,0  point , so all of your works must follow that . >> Click <<
  • making page setup for your layouts is recommended .  >> Click <<

All the best ... 

Imad Habash

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators