Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snaps not working accuratley

29 REPLIES 29
Message 1 of 30
clarisa24
893 Views, 29 Replies

Snaps not working accuratley

When I snap (any type of snap) it will show the snap icon as it understood where I want to snap but it will snap toa diferent point farther away from where I indicated it to snap. This is a big problem, creating inacuracies that sometimes are visible (when really zoomed in) and some times impreceptible.

Any solutions? Cant find anything in Forum that works for me.

Thank you!

C.

29 REPLIES 29
Message 21 of 30
imadHabash
in reply to: clarisa24

make sure that it's a screencast NOT a screenshot !!!! i'm still waiting like the others for your link !! 🙂

Message 22 of 30
clarisa24
in reply to: steven-g

Message 23 of 30
RobDraw

@clarisa24 wrote:
I have to be very zoomed in to the lines and draw very slow in order for it to snap accuratley.

This tells us that it is probably procedural. When you are zoomed out and trying to draw, you may be dragging your mouse and losing the snap. This can happen if your mouse is very sensitive or the cursor speed is very fast. Does the same thing happen when you use a snap override?

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 24 of 30
clarisa24
in reply to: imadHabash

Message 25 of 30
RobDraw

Just as I expected. Your clicking is not accurate enough and you are losing your snaps because your cursor is too far away. You could try increasing your aperture setting or, as you have already found, zoom in and slow down.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 26 of 30
imadHabash

as i can see from your video i found this ( between 39-40 second ) the osnap ( Endpoint catch the end point but there is a click very near ) which make that error when copying . !!!

fsfsf.png

Message 27 of 30
pendean

I had no problem snapping to anything in your drawing without zooming in much in AutoCAD/LT 2020.1 

Watching your video it appears to be your pickbox and aperture are set too small, you are not actually clicking on any endpoint or intersection, you keep missing: do you also have NEArest osnap running at the same time? It sure looks like it.

What is OSMODE set to in your video exactly?

Capture.PNG

Message 28 of 30
clarisa24
in reply to: pendean

No, I never have NEAREST osnap on.
I am trying now to see how it works with a larger aperture size for the pick box, I also slowed down the speed of the mouse (which is very unconfortable) but I never had issues with the speed of the mouse or drafting, or being zoomed out too far to snap.
I am tsting these changes and will inform of the outcome!
Message 29 of 30
clarisa24
in reply to: imadHabash

Thanks for the reply, can you explain again what you think the error is?
Message 30 of 30
steven-g

Very visible at the 29-30 second mark. You can see the orange preview dotted line, it shows the base point and ortho path for the second point, if it isn't an osnap setting (nearest, intersection, perpendicular) then it is your aperture setting, you could try turning your apbox=1 on so it is visible when a selection is expected.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report