Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snaps not working accuratley

29 REPLIES 29
Message 1 of 30
clarisa24
892 Views, 29 Replies

Snaps not working accuratley

When I snap (any type of snap) it will show the snap icon as it understood where I want to snap but it will snap toa diferent point farther away from where I indicated it to snap. This is a big problem, creating inacuracies that sometimes are visible (when really zoomed in) and some times impreceptible.

Any solutions? Cant find anything in Forum that works for me.

Thank you!

C.

29 REPLIES 29
Message 2 of 30
pendean
in reply to: clarisa24

is this a sudden new problem in ALL files?
or a problem in this one file?
Does it happen if you start a new blink file?

What does "farther away" mean to the rest of us with no access to your files and can't see your screen?
Are you trying to speed-up your time by not zooming in before you click points?

Your LT version is...? Is it fully updated?
Your Windows OS is?

Message 3 of 30
imadHabash

Hi,

i'm curious to see a video or a screencast for that , would you show us a short one ?  >> Click <<

Message 4 of 30
clarisa24
in reply to: pendean

Hi, thank you for the response.
This is not a sudden problem. It started with AutoCAD LT2020 since the first day I insttalled it 2 weeks ago. It does this with all files. Its fully updated. Windows.
Farther away means zoom out, but it does not matter if i am zoomed in or out, it just wont drop the line where I tell it to snap. I use autoCAD since R.14 version... I have been usng it for a very long time, this is the first time this happens.
I have to be very zoomed in to the lines and draw very slow in order for it to snap accuratley.

C.
Message 5 of 30
pendean

Did you install the 2020.1 update yet? It was released late last week and you need to install it either way. You can get it from the updates link here https://manage.autodesk.com/

Usually it helps if you turn off ORTHO and zoom in for snapping to work best, regardless of versions.

Message 6 of 30
RobDraw

Can you verify that this is not just a display issue by checking x,y,z point locations?

I'm thinking that unless the input is incorrect that the snaps are working correctly and the display is not as expected.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 7 of 30
clarisa24
in reply to: RobDraw

I checked point locations, everything looks good. Everything is in elevation 0 - if that is what you refer to.
Message 8 of 30
RobDraw

@clarisa24 wrote:
I checked point locations, everything looks good. Everything is in elevation 0 - if that is what you refer to.

Yeah, there are two other coordinates that need to be checked, though. Since you say everything "looks" good, it sounds like you have some doubt. Share a file generated with these discrepancies so we can verify what the problem is and point you to an appropriate solution.

Rob

Message 9 of 30
clarisa24

Thank you.
Attached is one of the files with this problem (although if happens with all)
Message 10 of 30
clarisa24
in reply to: imadHabash

I took a screencast, how do I share it with you only? What autodesk ID or email do you have?

Message 11 of 30
pendean

You have to come to the website, REPLY and attach files.

Screencast info can be found in the same spot when you are here too.

Message 12 of 30
RobDraw

@clarisa24 wrote:
Attached is one of the files with this problem (although if happens with all)

That's fine but there isn't a file attached.

Rob

Message 13 of 30
clarisa24

Sorry about that!

How about now?

Message 14 of 30
pendean

Can you post a link to your screencast too?

Message 15 of 30
RobDraw

Where are the problem areas?

I see a couple places that could use some cleaning up but not really sure if they are related to your issue.

Rob

Message 16 of 30
steven-g

I'd hazard a guess that it might be a grid snap issue? does pressing the F9 key make a difference.

Message 17 of 30
clarisa24

Snaping is the problem. I know the drawing is not clean, however snaps are snaping inaccuretley. Any snap and for any comand, draw, dimension.... 

Here is a link to the screencast. You can see that it starts snaping correctly from end point to end points, and then all of the sudden it wont snap to end point anymore. Also al of the sudden it looks as though I did not snap the first line to be copied correctly. However, I was able to snap accuratley the first few lines.... Its very strange.

I hope you can see in the video.

Thanks!

Message 18 of 30
clarisa24
in reply to: steven-g

yes, I already disabled grid snap mode.
Message 19 of 30
clarisa24
in reply to: pendean

Link attached

Message 20 of 30
steven-g

Can you try placing the link again

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report