Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show Z Coordinate in Model space

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
2761 Views, 8 Replies

Show Z Coordinate in Model space

I want my coords to show X, Y and Z coordinates in the status bar.  Currently I can only see the X and Y coordinates.

I have toggled through all possible settings of COORDS and none display the Z coordinate.

I am using AutoCAD LT 2019.  I have been using ACAD full-version for ~20 years and I am not sure if this is a quirk of LT because I've never seen this until I started using LT.

I have noticed that the AutoCAD help file for Coords mentions the Z coordinate is suppressed when Geographic location data is included in the file.  I  have confirmed that there is NO geographic location data in the file, and used GEOREMOVE to make sure.

I have modeled 3D objects in model space and the coords on the status bar does not display the Z-coordinate when I select any points, hampering my sense of orientation in the model.  Screen-capture attached.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: Anonymous

LT is not designed for 3D. You can load 3D models but no 3D operations are possible. Therefore you don't see no 3D (Z-)coordinate.

cadder

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
imadHabash

Hi,

i suggest to read this article that describe how to Display Coordinates on the Status Bar . >> Click <<

regards,

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

Thank you Imad,

That article describes well all of the functionality I know from AutoCAD-full.

In AutoCAD LT, things are different.  The article does not address the display of 3 coordinates in the status bar.

Commands LIST, DIST, ID and others provide the z-coordinate so I don't understand why the status bar cannot display the number.  Or how to get it displayed.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: j.palmeL29YX

Hi J.Palmell,

Agreed that the solids are not possible, but wireframes are, and that's what I intend to use it for.

Please note:  I am not the purchaser of the software at this company.  No need to remind me about LT's limitations.

I am trying to do my best with limited resources.

Message 6 of 9
imadHabash

Hi,

since there is some limitation for AutoCAD lt .... does Ctrl+I make any differences ? 

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

Funny you should ask. 

I already tried that, but nothing happens at all when I press CTRL+I.

When I right-click on the status bar coordinates, I get 4 options:

Relative

Absolute

Geographic

Specific

Selecting these doesn't change much except the behaviour of the two coordinates that are shown.  Geographic is not available and greyed-out.  I am already familiar with these settings and have used them.  But not what I'm looking for.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

One week and no better answers.

Problem NOT solved.  Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 9
j.palmeL29YX

@Anonymousschrieb:

One week and no better answers.

The answer is given above: LT is not designed for work in 3D - also if you dont' want to read it ;-). Why they implemented some rudimentary 3D functionality, but not this what you want - you have to ask Autodesks programmers.

A limited possibility: Use MODEMACRO to get the coordinates of the last point as a static display:

MODEMACRO -> $(getvar, lastpoint).

So you can see in the status line the X-, Y- and Z-value of the last given point. But I'm sure this is not what you want.
(BTW: What should such a display be useful for? What do you need it for?)

In LT I've never (since 30 years) seen an in real time running display of the coordinates (incl. Z-value) of the current cursor position .

my 2 ct.
cadder

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators