Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with copying the block

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
biuroTLXXS
486 Views, 3 Replies

Problem with copying the block

Hello,

In the attached file there is a .dwg with few blocks. When I'm trying to copy and paste any of them block is changing its dimmensions. I tried  LT 2018, 2020 and 2021 with the same result - blocks are not copy/paste properly. I send the file to my colleague who is working on GStar CAD and he has no problem. Can I please for any advice to resolve the problem? Can I ask anyone with full version of AutoCad to check if there is the same problem?

Thx in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
steven-g
in reply to: biuroTLXXS

When I opened your drawing I was notified it was created in another software not AutoCAD, and the blocks in your drawing are corrupted? Maybe this other software cannot work properly with dynamic blocks. Indeed copying those existing blocks does cause them to resize. But inserting the same block fresh into the drawing and changing it's features then copying that, works just fine, so it looks as though the problem is with this other software.

Message 3 of 4
biuroTLXXS
in reply to: steven-g

Yes, there must be a problem with dynamic block. Unfortunately i have 3 floors of the building with such blocks and need to paste them to different drawing. Only work around i found is to select whole layer and make new block from it. Then i can copy it properly but im basically loosing editing capability.

Message 4 of 4
steven-g
in reply to: biuroTLXXS

Unfortunately, if it's broke then you don't have many options, AutoCAD can't fix problems brought in from other software. But as a workaround rather than trying to copy the layer to a new drawing, I would try making a copy of the drawing and deleting everything else in the copy leaving just your blocks, and work from there, maybe they will behave working that way, but you might find they go wrong again sometime in the future, it really would be best to start fresh using AutoCAD blocks, but that is your choice.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators