Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.net framework 4.7.2

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
3114 Views, 6 Replies

.net framework 4.7.2

We're still using Autocad 2014 LT, but can upgrade if necessary.  I have a user who also has a program called DocRecord on her PC, which we installed recently to scan and record architectural documents.  It requires .net framework 4.7.2, but this breaks Autocad.  Does anyone know if there's a version (or a patch) which will allow Autocad to work with 4.7.2?

Many thanks in advance for any advice offered.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

HI @Anonymous,

I see that you are visiting as a new member to the AutoCAD LT forum. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

I am curious why AutoCAD LT 2014 won't run with the newer version of .NET.  It is my understanding is that newer versions add on to the old code.

At any rate, what OS is being used?Is there a reason to not use the current version of AutoCAD LT (2019).

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Thanks John! It seems that all versions of Autocad are only compatible with .net up to version 4.6. I found a table HERE<> on your website, which doessn't show any compatibility with 4.7. The OS is Windows 7 pro SP1. When the problem first came up, I uninstalled .net 4.7.2 and installed 4.6. This fixed Autocad, but broke the users version of DocRecord which is on the same machine. Running two different version of .net allows DocRecord to work, but Autocad either crashes when first opened, or soon after when trying to edit a file. We could upgrade, but I'm not sure that will fix the problem.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Message 5 of 7
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

That article is rather old.  I ask about your OS as Windows 10 is running .NET Framework 4.7.2 on my computer and AutoCAD works fine. (2015-2019)

Here is a Microsoft article that will show you how to determine the version installed on your system.

AutoCAD LT 2014 is not designed to run on Windows 10 either so I am curious how your system is configured.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Thanks John. This is Windows 7, so I can see which versions of .net are installed in Programs and Features. It may be that we have to upgrade this user to Windows 10 and a later version of Autocad. If that's the way forward we can do that. Thanks again for your input!
Steve
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Mohon Bantuannya, untuk autocad yab\ng support .net 4.7.2

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators