Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing the bottom of my drawing

37 REPLIES 37
SOLVED
Message 1 of 38
Anonymous
15131 Views, 37 Replies

missing the bottom of my drawing

The other day I started missing the bottom of my drawing.  If I run full screen I can't see most of the bottom half unless I highlight it.  A few symbols show through but not the whole drawing.  If I use the left half of my monitor less is cut off.  If I shrink the window so the bottom part of my monitor is not used, I see the whole drawing.  It's hard to describe so I took a screen shot.  This is using the left half of my display with a simple circle drawn to show you what is missing.  

37 REPLIES 37
Message 21 of 38
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Sorry to hear yours isn't working.  The times I've had trouble it seems to have something to do with using AutoCAD on my Surface tablet's built in screen, putting it to sleep, and then docking it and opening it up with a large external monitor.  I just tried that and couldn't reproduce the problem.  I haven't had the problem in quite a while so I'm not sure what else to try.  

Message 22 of 38
arholmberg

I have mine working well at this point. I had to turn off graphics hardware acceleration on the surface pro.

With Kind Regards,

Andrew
Message 23 of 38
Anonymous
in reply to: arholmberg

Thank you Andrew! Seems to working now 🙂

Kind regards,

Magnus

Message 24 of 38
Anonymous

This is exactly what's happening to me when I went to AutoCAD LT 2017.  I can't figure out what to change.  Screen resolution is set at its highest (recommended) and when lowering resolution, doesn't help.  Is this an issue with 2017?  Are there updates from AutoCAD i should be installing?

Message 25 of 38
Anonymous

Okay, Problem fixed, but I'll let you guys know if it returns.  Here's what I did.

I'm using a new Dell XPS 13 as my primary computer (since my desktop tanked the other day) with a Samsung S22E310 external monitor.  I use both screens in the expanded mode.

I right clicked on the laptop's built in monitor to pull up the Graphics Properties.  From there I selected Display. Then selected from the upper pull down menu my Samsung monitor. (There were only two options, the built-in monitor or laptop, and the Samsung)

In this menu, your changing the way your external monitor works.  So, I went to the various options in the "Scaling" area of the window, and changed the setting from its stock setting of "Maintain Display Scaling" to "Scale Full Screen."  I accepted the change and closed the window.

I opened up AutoCAD LT 2017, opened up a full drawing, and wallah....the problem was solved.  It also scaled the icons and stuff to read better too.

I hope this works long term and doesn't revert back or something crazy like that as it seems I have a black cloud hovering over me lately.  I'll let you know if it does.

Good luck all,

Brad 

Message 26 of 38
Anonymous

When I switched to 2018 the problem was resolved on my computer. So I think
this is a 2017 glitch.
Message 27 of 38
Anonymous

My son's company uses the full AutoCAD 2017 version and says there's a few glitches that required some AutoCAD downloads to fix.

The only other issue I have with 2017 (that I'm aware of) is when using the Orthomode icon in the bottom quick access menu, it freezes AutoCAD.  When that happens, I have to take a control, alt, delete....then close the window w/o taking any action, and it unfreezes AutoCAD..... I know...too weird.  Young son says an AutoCAD download will fix that problem but I haven't taken the time to searched it out.

Message 28 of 38
Anonymous

Okay....update time.

Started up my computer and guess what.....the same ol bottom of the drawing was missing as if it were hiding behind something on my screen.  So, I updated to AutoCAD LT 2018....and again....problem resolved, ha.  I guess, as was mentioned in another post, 2017 has some glitches in it.

Hopefully, my issues won't come back.

Brad

Message 29 of 38
pendean

It will be back, it did here in 2018 as well.
Message 30 of 38
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I am also having issues with the bottom screen missing. I have a Surface Pro 4 and never had any problems until now. Don't know what to do, hope to see resolved issues soon. I am running the Student version.

Dennis

Message 31 of 38
pendean

Minimize then Maximize the program screen to solve it, that works for all of us in our office.
Message 32 of 38
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I went to AutoCAD LT 2018, verified my monitors were set on their maximum resolution, (screen scaling options didn't have much of an effect), and I no longer have the missing bottom screen issue.  As mentioned in an earlier post of mine, I think the real solution was going to 2018.  Good luck all.

Message 33 of 38
Anonymous

I encountered the same problem on my surface book running autocad 2016 LT. I found a solution and wanted to post in case someone else had the same issue. The issue i was having was the bottom inch or so of the model space display was not showing any drawing information unless selected or hoovering over line or polyline. The problem exaserbated when working on clean screen. 

The problem was resolved by going into GRAPHICSCONFIG and turning off high quality geometry.

good luck.

Message 34 of 38
Anonymous

I had the same problem working on a computer with a lower resolution then my monitor, once I turned off the hardware acceleration the problem went away. 

Message 35 of 38
Anonymous
in reply to: arholmberg

This fixed mine in AutoCAD MEP 2018.  Thank you!

@arholmberg wrote:

This solution worked for me.  I tried leaving on hardware acceleration and unchecking other individual things.  It is actually the High Quality Geometry box that I deselected and it cleared the issue perfectly.   

Message 36 of 38
Anonymous

Thank you.
Message 37 of 38
Anonymous

I hade the same issue and this solved the problem for me!

@Anonymous wrote:

I encountered the same problem on my surface book running autocad 2016 LT. I found a solution and wanted to post in case someone else had the same issue. The issue i was having was the bottom inch or so of the model space display was not showing any drawing information unless selected or hoovering over line or polyline. The problem exaserbated when working on clean screen. 

The problem was resolved by going into GRAPHICSCONFIG and turning off high quality geometry.

good luck.

Message 38 of 38
jeff_mayoV8CGW

I know that this is a late reply to an old post, but I think that my resolution may be more relevant than what I've read.  I'm running AutoCad LT 2023.  My drawings were disappearing at the bottom, while I could still see the command bar below it.  It was pretty aggravating.  I had just upgraded my laptop, so the display settings were different from what I was previously running.  I have two 30" monitors because my "nearly 60 year old eyes" aren't what they used to be.  Now, I find that a larger font is much more comfortable to view, all day.

I had to make two adjustments to my monitors.  First of all, I changed the resolution away from the "recommended" setting (3840 X 2160), to 2560 X 1440.  I also had my scale set around 200%, and wound up changing it to 175%.  I'm not sure which one actually fixed it, but the combination of both wound up looking good, and restoring the bottom of my drawing.  Now, I don't lose the bottom of my drawings into a black hole at the bottom of my monitor.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report