Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help, i'm looking to automate the scaling process

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
damian.soler
278 Views, 4 Replies

Help, i'm looking to automate the scaling process

Hi

i need to scale a ton of drawings, every drawing have a different scale, but al of them have doors, so i'm scaling them using the door as a reference, i'm looking for a way to automatize that scale process with a macross, but i'm having a hard time finding a way to, so here i am, asking for your help

thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: damian.soler

Are they all not drawn at 1:1 scale to start with? Is that what you are trying to fix?

Or something else (and explain in a lot more detail lease).
Message 3 of 5
damian.soler
in reply to: pendean

Hi Pendean, Thanks for the reply

yeah, the problem is all of the drawings are in different scales, so far i've been trying to automate the process by measuring the door in the drawing, dividing that number by 90cm (the size the door should be) and using the result as the scale factor, i think i should be using: _SCALE, _SETENV, GETENV, and 'CAL. but i'm unable to get the  puzzle pieces to fit

the idea is to make the process as automatic and fast as posible, i'm using my keyboard macros program to automate recurrent tasks

Message 4 of 5
pendean

That level of automation is not available in AutoCAD (how would the program guess at each different and separate scale, what is a door and what is not, how to measure that door from which points etc.): in LT, there is even more of a challenge as it also lacks the programming languages that might even try to help automate it all. Sorry.
Message 5 of 5
bob_mpc

You cannot automate, but you can scale relatively to save calculations. 

Scale > Select the basepoint > R > pick one side of the door > next size of the door > 90 (if drawing is in centimeters)

Boris
AutoCad LT 2021.1.1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators