Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plot Styles Not Printing

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
vicrent
284 Views, 9 Replies

Plot Styles Not Printing

I created a Plot Style that assigns a line weight to each color used, but all my lines print, on paper and on a PDF, to the same exact thickness. I have selected my Plot Style under Plot Style Table and have checked "Plot with Plot Styles" under Plot Options.

I am trying to avoid using object line weights.

Any help would be appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
RobDraw
in reply to: vicrent

Please share as much information as you can that might lead to a solution.

Plot settings

.ctb settings

sample file

etc.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 10
pendean

Share with us a sample DWG file along with your plot style table that does not work inside that sample DWG file, lets test your own files for ourselves.
Message 4 of 10
vicrent
in reply to: RobDraw

@pendean 

I attached my sample file and a picture of my plot settings. The desired Plot Style is called KDC Plot Style. Most of the lines are black, but sume are red or blue. The color is showing up, but the varying lineweights are not.

Message 5 of 10
RobDraw

The .ctb file is necessary for examination. 

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 6 of 10
pendean

@vicrent wrote:

@pendean 

I attached my sample file and a picture of my plot settings. The desired Plot Style is called KDC Plot Style. Most of the lines are black, but sume are red or blue. The color is showing up, but the varying lineweights are not.

Your DWG is not the problem as I get all black output when using MONOCHROME CTB plot style table, so you might want to open this and your own plot style table and fix it for each and every color

pendean_0-1657145212428.png

Message 7 of 10
vicrent
in reply to: pendean

Thank you for taking a look. I already tried editing the monochrome palette with no luck, but I can try again

Message 8 of 10
pendean

@vicrent I'm not sure what the challenge is exactly, forgive me: make a copy of MONOCRHOME.CTB, call it whatever you want to call your personal CTB file, then ONLY edit the pen thickness settings for each ACI color number, nothing more.

Use your broken CTB file as a reference for the pen thickness settings. Again, change nothing else.

Boom, problem solved, CTB fixed.

HTH
Message 9 of 10
vicrent
in reply to: RobDraw

Unfortunately it is telling me that .ctb files cannot be attached

Message 10 of 10
pendean

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report