Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exported drawing file reduces size

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jeremybelcher
191 Views, 3 Replies

Exported drawing file reduces size

When I export my drawing, the scaled measurement is 16 times smaller. The original drawing is 1/16th scale

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: jeremybelcher

"export"? Please elaborate on that please, there are many interpretations for that action in AutoCAD.

It is also curious that your issue matches what you write is acceptable: 1/16.
Looks like something was incorrectly input somewhere.
Message 3 of 4
jeremybelcher
in reply to: pendean

So iam taking plumbing dwg drawing from autocad then saved as a dwf drawing that gets imported to my Leica icr80 tablet. When I open up the file on my tablet all the scaled drawings are 16 times smaller 

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: jeremybelcher

@jeremybelcher wrote:

So iam taking plumbing dwg drawing from autocad then saved as a dwf drawing that gets imported to my Leica icr80 tablet. When I open up the file on my tablet all the scaled drawings are 16 times smaller 

Did you draw your content at 1:1 scale in AutoCAD? That is required. 1/16" scale is a print scale, not a scale to be used for drafting in AutoCAD.

When you "exported" to DWF, it was most likely printed to DWF, as in a page size and a print scale was determined.

if you accepted the print scale of 1/16", then you created a sheet of paper who's content was 1/16 the size of the original 1:1 in autoCAD.

Or did you print to DWF at a 1:1 scale, which means your content is small enough to fit on a sheet of paper at 1:1 scale?

A DWF is not a DWG or a DWG-like format, it's Autodesk's answer to a PDF basically, in its most simplistic terms.

LEICA Support may have option for you to avoid the DWF process altogether, go ask them for advice on accessing DXF or DWG direct.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators