Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lines are not highlighting/glowing blue when hovering or selected.

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
JoeGXWXU
4835 Views, 14 Replies

Lines are not highlighting/glowing blue when hovering or selected.

Please help.

I have recently reformatted my windows laptop. Since reinstalling Autocad LT I have been having issues with hovering and selecting in model space. When I hover/select a line it no longer glows blue. When I hover, only the ends of the lines glow. When I select the line, only the nodes and grips highlight. I have attached an image to show what I mean. 

The only info online I have found relates to the SE

LECTIONEFFECT & PRESELECTIONEFFECT commands. This is not the problem I am having, but I cannot find anyone online who has had the same problem! 

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling Autocad, but that didn't work...

393592f9-fa05-4a88-9d52-69be0a19faa9.jpg

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
JoeGXWXU
in reply to: JoeGXWXU

I have fixed it! It turns out that Autocad was using the incorrect graphics card... I changed the settings to make sure it always uses the high performance graphics card and voila... problem solved. 

Hope this helps someone else

Message 3 of 15

i have same problem but that graphics card setting didnt help... This is really annoying.

Message 4 of 15

@jaakko_hakomaki9FBLZ share with us screenshots of your ABOUT and GRAPHICSCONFIG command pop-ups, as well as information about your Operating system version please.

If you've never done screenshots before, explore this link Use snipping tool to capture screenshots - Windows Help

Message 5 of 15

@pendean 

jaakko_hakomaki9FBLZ_0-1683261326361.png

My computer is Lenovo thinkbook 14 gen4

Message 6 of 15

For me, the setting I had to change was in my computer setting 

JoeGXWXU_0-1683270436652.png

Message 7 of 15

@JoeGXWXU 

Yes i have also done that. Didnt help

Message 8 of 15

Start here https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/AutoCAD-crashing-w...

Then... Have you installed the 2022.1.3 / 2023.1.3 2024.0.1 Update yet (you forgot to share your ABOUT command pop-up)? ABOUT command will confirm what you have installed. If not, get it from your Autodesk Account Page here https://manage.autodesk.com/cep/#products-services/updates 
Restart your PC afterwards.

If that did not help... Set GFXDX12 variable to 0 (that's a zero) then restart your AutoCAD variant: reverting to DirectX11 fixes similar problems for most users.

Also consider turning off LINESMOOTHING and LINEFADING variables.

If still no relief then start GRAPHICSCONFIG command and change the 2D Display Settings pulldown from "advanced mode" to one of the other choices.

If all else fails, then turn off Hardware Acceleration as a last resort.

Message 9 of 15

@pendean 

Any of those didnt help me...

I have the latest version (Autocad LT 2024.0.1)

What is GFXDX12? How do I change that?

Message 10 of 15

@jaakko_hakomaki9FBLZ turning off GFXDX12 means https://help.autodesk.com/view/ACD/2024/ENU/?caas=caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-make-AutoCAD...

You just type it at the commandline to change it's setting: AutoCAD is 40-ish years old, you still have to TYPE commands at the commandline when you cannot find them as a button or much else.

HTH

Message 11 of 15

@pendean 

Thank you!! It's working now!

Message 12 of 15
disciplinaplus

Hello!

I found the solution (Autocad LT 2025.0.1) by typing SELECTIONEFFECT at the commandline, setting variable to 0.

Message 13 of 15
ayush05m
in reply to: disciplinaplus

Indeed it can solve the selection problem but still persists the hovering issue

Message 14 of 15
j_denheijer

This works perfectly in our VDI 👍
Message 15 of 15

Thx... It worked in LT 2024 also....bt we have to put the value to 1 instead of 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report