Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command Line not movable

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
727 Views, 9 Replies

Command Line not movable

Acad 2017 LT  Command line was docked.  Somehow became undocked and shows up transparently and overlapping the model / paperspace button at the bottom of the screen.  I'd like it to be docked. Any ideas?

I've was seeing script errors for certain commands earlier, not sure if it's problem or that I need to learn the new version.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
rkmcswain
in reply to: Anonymous

Dock it.

Make sure LOCKUI = 0, then grab the wide edge with a left mouse click and drag it until you see it change to an outline, then release the mouse button.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

Thanks.  Confirmed LOCUI = 0.  Doesn't seem to be grabbable in any way that I can figure. 

When I make the autocad window so that it is smaller (not maximized), the text still shows up OUTSIDE of the autocad screen, partially below the windows buttons at the bottom of the screen (windows 10).

Message 4 of 10
rkmcswain

Here is an animation of me doing it.

godoit.gif

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

nice animation. Thanks.  That's not at all what I'm seeing on my computer.  I have translucent text, no boxes or anyting like that. 

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

I'm thinking there was an error with my installation and I'll need to give up some hours and reinstall.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

Partially solved had to reset acad settings from start menu.  some installation issues seem to remain. Stalls on use of F- Keys and such.

Message 8 of 10
pendean

Ensure LT2017 is fully patched and updated https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt/downloads

Set TEMPOVERIDDES from 1 to 0 for F-key problem.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Good to know. Thanks!
Message 10 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

After full uninstall and reinstall of program, F-keys worked great...until...all snap settings were turned on, which replicated prior stalling issue.  Just used your advice, changing setting from 1 to 0 and seems to work beautifully.  Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators