Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

authoring palette

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
paul_peat
3497 Views, 8 Replies

authoring palette

i am running autocad lt 2015 on windows 8. i am missing the icons on the block authouring palette. i have the 4 groups but nothing in any of them.

i have tried a reinstall of autocad but still have the same problem. are there any files (.xtp or .xgt) files i can download to put the actions back onto the group palette.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: paul_peat

Is this a recent problem? or always done it?
Does it happen in all DWG files and all blocks, or this one?
Are any other palettes in 2015 doing the same thing?

FYI: this is a better way to grab screenshots, built into Win8
https://answers.syr.edu/display/os/Taking+Screenshots+on+Windows+8+-+Using+the+Snipping+Tool+and+key...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARhucBQSumE
Message 3 of 9
edwin.prakoso

Try to import attached xtp files. I exported them from my AutoCAD LT 2015.

Cheers,
Edwin Prakoso
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 9
paul_peat
in reply to: edwin.prakoso

pendean, thanks for the sniping tool thats really handy.

edwin, where to i import the .xtp files to? also why are there only 3 files - actions, parameter sets & parameters when there are 4 group sets on the authoring tab.

i have a colleague who has just downloaded autocad lt 2015 who has no group palettes on his authoring palette, is this a problem with autocad?

regards

Paul

Message 5 of 9
edwin.prakoso

Open block editor. Right click your authoring palette title and choose Customize Palettes from context menu.

In opened dialog box, go to Authoring Palette tab. Right click on empty area in the left panel. Choose import. 

import_authoring_palettes.png

What are the 4 groups of the authoring palettes? I only have 4 palettes, but no group as you can see above.

Cheers,
Edwin Prakoso
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 9
paul_peat

edwin,

i have imported the .xtp files into the authouring palette & they work fine.

on the original palette i have 4 tabs:- Parameters, Actions, Parameter sets & Parameters as screen shot, below these are the .xtp files i have imported which are Parameters, Actions & Parameter sets, therefore i think i have on tab missing. i'm new to dynamic blocks so dont know for sure if what i have is correct.

authoring palette.PNG

regards

Paul

Message 7 of 9
paul_peat

edwin,

i have managed to find a .xtp file for the constraints palette(from full autocad 2012) which is now inserted & working fine as far as i can tell(not had a chance to use it properly yet plus not quite sure how to)

many thanks for your help

Paul

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

I cant even get the Authoring Palette to come up to click on. I have clicked and typed into command line. any ideas?

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

if i do control 3, it brings up a palette with-architecture, engineering etc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators