Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2017 area toolbar

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
billnallen
1300 Views, 3 Replies

2017 area toolbar

Hi.  I have been using AutoCAD 2004 for many years and also started leasing AutoCAD Lt. a year ago.  I'm really having problems getting used to the 2017 version.  Is there not an area toolbar on the 2017 version?  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks,  Allen

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rkmcswain
in reply to: billnallen

An AREA toolbar? Not that I'm aware of.

There is an INQUIRY toolbar, that includes a button for the MEASUREGEOM command, which can be used to measure area.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 4
pendean

On the Ribbon, Home Tab, Utilities Panel on the far right, icon called MEASURE with a little arrow under it: click on it and discover all you seek.

Afraid of the Ribbon? You want the Toolbar called INQUIRY, it's under the pulldown button on there called MEASUREMENT TOOLS.
Message 4 of 4
john.vellek

Hi @billnallen,

I bet that jumping to 2017 from 2004 has been a pretty major change.  As others in thread have so kindly pointed out, the Area command is found in the Utilities panel on the Home Ribbon.

Capture.PNG

Also, as Dean pointed out, You can find Area in Inquiry which is under the Tools pulldown menu.

Capture2.PNG

If you don't see the pull-down menus you can drop down this arrow and select "Show Menu Bar"

Capture3.PNG

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators