Did you mean: 

Zoom Extent shows UCS origin

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
722 Views, 7 Replies

Zoom Extent shows UCS origin

I know this has been posted before, but whenever I double click middle mouse button in one of my drawings, it only shows all the objects/lines in the drawing window. (UCS origin is out of frame)
In this drawing (see attached picture) if I zoom extent, it includes the UCS origin. No Xref, all layers on & unlocked, no blocks or groups in the drawing at all, purged, audited, wblock.. I tried everything but it's still including the UCS origin when I click on Zoom extents? 
Any help?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Patchy
in reply to: Anonymous

Use CTRL key and the letter A

and see what will highlight.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Patchy

Nothing gets highlighted close to the UCS  (0, 0) 

Message 4 of 8
Patchy

Do you have any xref drawing in this drawing?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Patchy

Nope, detached everything.. 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Found the issue

Message 7 of 8
vinodkl

Hi @Anonymous 

Can you let us know how you resolved your issue? So that we can mark that as the answer which would help others when they face a similar problem 🙂

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: vinodkl

I deleted all the lines and only drew with layer 0. So only layer 0 and defpoints should be left after purging.

After I purged, there was still one layer left (besides "0" & "defpoints") which made me realise it might have been an "invisible hatch" so I drew a block, hatched it. Selected the hatch and used the select similar command. Lo and behold, there was a few invisible hatches close to the UCS. Deleted it and that fixed the zoom extent issue.

Hope that makes sense, my English isn't great. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta