Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when opening multiple files - I want the filenames to display above the top pulldown menus

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
DaleneATTQE
757 Views, 6 Replies

when opening multiple files - I want the filenames to display above the top pulldown menus

I am not that familiar with autocad - this is not a command or setup that I have used before.

With Autocad 2023 the multiple filenames automatically displayed as a type of tab above the pulldown menus at the top. I am now on Autocad 2024 and would like to set it up the same.

I do not want the opened file to be "minimised" at the bottom

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: DaleneATTQE

Show us what you see please: full program window screenshots from 2024 (and 2023 if you still have it) is a good place to start.
Message 3 of 7
DaleneATTQE

Hi – you will see all the drawings that I have opened display as thumbnails at the bottom in my taskbar – as you move your cursor over the autocad icon on the taskbar – all the drawings will appear.

So you will see the current drawing that is open – the filename shows right at the top of the screen.

With 2023 the multiple files opened use to display between the top row and pulldown menus as tabs next to each other – I would like to set up that feature again if possible please

Thank you - Dalene

<![if !vml]>

DaleneATTQE_0-1694785968036.jpeg

<![endif]>

Message 4 of 7
pendean
Message 5 of 7
DaleneATTQE

Hi – you will see all the drawings that I have opened display as thumbnails at the bottom in my taskbar – as you move your cursor over the autocad icon on the taskbar – all the drawings will appear.
So you will see the current drawing that is open – the filename shows right at the top of the screen.
With 2023 the multiple files opened use to display between the top row and pulldown menus as tabs next to each other – I would like to set up that feature again if possible please
Thank you - Dalene

DaleneATTQE_1-1694786476410.jpeg

Message 6 of 7
DaleneATTQE
in reply to: pendean

thank you - so simple - I feel embarresed - It works - jay!!

Message 7 of 7
pendean

@DaleneATTQE wrote:

thank you - so simple - I feel embarresed - It works - jay!!

No worries, you did not know but now you do. Happy cadding!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta